XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

I lost interest with MCU after endgame. I think what made the MCU special ended up hurting them post-endgame.

4 Likes

No, It didn’t. At this point marvel is back to phase one but in phase what for now we have to wait for the true big bad to show up in Kang is. they rushed into it. We’re basically started over and everything’s slow again

I’m actually super happy to see this one. I’d been reading a lot about figma just before the original announcement, and about how heavily Microsoft was starting to use it for design. Adobe absolutely wanted them because they wanted to own that market and felt threatened.

2 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: That Insomniac Leaks spoiler filled discussion

there is no flash 2.

Since the discussion was happening in multiple threads, moved the leaks into its own thread. Feel free to retitle it to something better.

Rest in peace!

https://x.com/remedygames/status/1736793317604491609?s=20

He was fantastic as the characters.

2 Likes

Discussing this here instead of the Insomniac thread, but I found this leak the most interesting.

It seems to confirm that Sony are already aware that they are behind the competition in many areas and need to expand with ABK now providing Xbox the opportunity to ‘leapfrog’ them.

They consider Xbox’s first party content as “Premium” but still feel the GamePass model is not sustainable.

19 Likes

I can’t believe I woke up for more bad news for Sony before Christmas.

It’s safe to say Xbox is a threat to Sony. I said this in other thread that when you back in history, Sony got real lucky when Xbox began to cater only casual with Kinect and contents that goes well into the next gen (Xbox One). If they have a serious competitor that is this gen, then they have to put it up. They struggled before, who know what will lead here now.

7 Likes

It’s strange because I literally posted the other day, wondering if Insomniacs games are very profitable due to licensing. Following this leak it turns out they aren’t. They bring in lots of revenue but very little profit.

The big difference for PS this time around is if Xbox somehow s**t the bed again they will still have 40+ studios compared to what 5 previously? Therefore going forward it’s going to be near impossible for Xbox to do a Xbone flop again. Unless PlayStation expand rapidly it’s going to get increasingly difficult for them.

Hopefully this increased competition will prevent PS increasing game prices to $100 as they also discussed in this leak!

5 Likes

The last couple of years have been absolutely terrible for celeb deaths, so many gone from my childhood, so sad

I’d imagine they are very profitable, same goes for most of Sony’s big ones, GoW, TLOU, Horizon etc but the issue is that their costs are only going up and taking longer to make but they are still selling essentially the same amount of copies to the same audience every gen

These companies want growth and they wan’t that GaaS money, these as big as they are don’t provide that

1 Like

After seeing those marvel costs. I now want an xbox original super hero ip. Not marvel or dc. Like infamous or prototype.

I think it’s okay to have an odd licensed game or 2, but I don’t think it’s wise to make a studio a Marvel factory. Also, I think with Microsoft it’s not bad to have a licensed game or 2 if it will help move some console units. Microsoft is doing well in generating revenue, and licensed games if successful could move some console units.

4 Likes

I was referring to the leak which revealed the profits aren’t great (not for AAA games anyway). R&C actually made a loss:

https://twitter.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1737077821783281775?t=NCA3jLfPxtmEHCQgxgcHlg&s=19

However this should probably be discussed over in the leak thread instead.

5 Likes

They’re not. Even from a pure revenue perspective, Sony’s largest game lifetime is less than 2 months of suscription revenue (figure over 30 million subscriptions at $10 a month for 2 months for $600 million). They’re essentially loss leaders. They’re created to bring people into the eccosystem and spend additional money.

5 Likes

Yeah, I wrote that comment before I took a gander at the leaks lol those costs are madness

3 Likes

Yeah. I can’t blame anyone for the commonly accepted perceptions. But damn, reality is a stark contrast. Its insane how much they spend to make a single game.

1 Like

The Disney/Spiderman stuff is even crazier to me

3-400m on the game alone and then all the Disney costs on top of that from game sales and 50% from bundles? It’s absurd

3 Likes

going live

2 Likes

That’s why all the voices bandying about ‘revenue this and revenue that’ during the last two years were all morons - profit is the primary, non-statistical value that is of the most concern for corporations, and seeing how little Sony has been making in the end (in spite of all that revenue), to me, tells a completely different story than what the media and losers online would have you believe. I have long said Sony is going to be hurting this gen because of their unwillingness to adapt to market conditions… and well…

19 Likes