Playstation Showcase OT: NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY

Gotta remember that people hear isolated stuff. It’s not like they get to watch the showcase in full. So they hear hey ‘this game is being shown’ and of course with no context. Then game is multiplat and cgi with no release window and of course what someone thought was massive turns into a bit ‘meh’.

1 Like

this was also supposed to be there phase 2

3 Likes

They showed a bunch of CGI GAAS games and spiderman 2 gameplay. Thats it after 620 days.

3 Likes

Spiderman 2 with Venom Spiderman and Miles Morales against angry militarized jungle people ?

1 Like

Wasn’t Thor The Dark World Phase 2 as well?

Playstation showcase was first party GaaS cinematic trailer + Spider-Man, indies which were great and Alan Wake2 + the Wuxia game + SF5 + Dragons Dogma and Square.

Never trust insider who likes to hype a showcase.

3 Likes

I’m excited to see Spider-Man 2 but are we now watching a whole film?

7 Likes

Marathon was just comfirmed as multiplat

8 Likes

That’s true.

Reminds me of a Shinobi tweet a few years back. He said the Xbox show back then was looking great. But then when we all saw it, a lot was cinematic trailers. Which he didn’t know beforehand. That’s true.

And there it is, Xbox!

6 Likes

To each their own but the combat still looks like assasins creed 2 to me. Everyone’s standing around watching him beat up one guy after the other. This kind of “scripted” combat with focus on it looking cool just can’t exite me anymore. It looks good visually though. Spidey fans will have fun probably.

Now I need the confirmation of Dragons Dogma 2 on Xbox and I’m happy.

I will say. If the Xbox showcase isn’t considerably better than that (which was rubbish) then there will be trouble! I mean there were some decent games shown but lacked gameplay.

It’s been confirmed

6 Likes

I literally fell asleep, but woke up in time to catch Spider-Man trailer. :sleeping:

1 Like

Marathon, DD2, and MGS are the most hype things… and they’re all multiplat

5 Likes

That’s all I need after MGS 3. I’m happy :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry but this show is kinda lame

8 Likes

Lol yes, my balls are perfectly fine. Thank you worrying though :wink:

1 Like

“Sony games are movies” stereotype seems so true lol. My brother wants to buy a PS5 just for this though. Me, I’m good lol.

8 Likes