XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

13 Likes

In hindsight, opening with FairGames was a sign that this isn’t the show you’re expecting.

7 Likes

Do we know for how long Compulsion have been working on their new game?

The final DLC for WHF came out in November 2019. Dunno if they started before that or not.

2 Likes

I see they’re still at the bargaining phase of grief trying to hope up some good news in Sony buying CDPR lol.

Yesterday on YouTube I watched some before show, during show, post show, and days later show (after realizing fans hated it) podcast by Easy Allies. Normally I don’t watch those PlayStation centric podcasts but I wanted to see how it would break them :laughing: Before show: crazy hype and E3 like excitement, during show cheerleading and exaggerated jumping up and down excitement, post show shell shocked but still in denial and trying to ignore how bad it was, days later playing both sides by sticking up for PlayStation, but now pretending to agree they are disappointed by the show… completely not acknowledging their clownish behavior before, during, and after the show. Probably pretty typical for these PlayStation centric outlets, unable to react to things in real time and only able to “follow the crowd”, if PlayStation fans tell them to be upset about something they will act upset, if PlayStation fans tell them to cheerlead a narrative then they will perpetuate the narrative. It’s all so boring and uninspired. If you are unable to think and react in real time, maybe don’t make it your career.

I don’t necessarily mean to single out Easy Allies, because I’m sure most PlayStation podcasts did similar behavior then tried to pivot once they realized there was widespread fan backlash to the show. That sort of fake neutral Sony angle gets frustrating when the only reason I’m watching SpawnWave or Dreamcastguy in the first place is to watch them be disappointed about bad PlayStation news. When they hide any real-time opinion until the larger group tells them how they should think about something, those outlets seem so pointless to me.

It was a bad show in real-time :upside_down_face: They just lack that basic skill.

7 Likes

It’s honestly embarrassing that they act that way, and if i needed a reason at all to not bother with those channels at all, there it is.

It’s also truly cult like behaviour.

4 Likes

LMFAO that was funny ass hell. This is why you should never have all your basket on one console and console only. It’s why i have a PC now aswell and is building up my game library there.

7 Likes

Same, Iv been a a multiple console owner my whole life. even owning all 3 is cheaper than building a high end PC all 3 console can cost you as little as 900 this gen (switch lite, ps5 digital, series S) or 1350(ps5 disk, Series X, switch oled)

1 Like

Or be super fucking weird and pretend like the company you love is the best thing ever and cant be beat, the reason why these people are so down bad is because how much they hype the event up in how it’s going to kill Xbox, if they just enjoyed an event for them on their platform it wouldn’t have gone that way.

3 Likes

I actually watched the Iron Lords stream on the Xboxera discord. That stream was a blast and refreshing to see some fans just having a good laugh.

Just hope xbox doesn’t shit the bed, because they’ll get it a million times worse.

1 Like

You don’t need to build no high end PC. That a myth. You can build a mid-low end PC nowdays and run most if not all games, as long as you don’t care for max settings 4K.

I have Xbox Series, PC gaming Laptop, Switch & PS4.

I don’t plan to buy PS5 or next Switch console ever again. Sony and Nintendo turns me the fuck off. Sony with the Jim Ryan crying and Nintendo with the suing of gamers. I’ve made Xbox and PC my 2 main platform now. Xbox is for Gamepass Ultimate and PC is for Gamepass Ultimate, Steam, Epic, GOG. Building up my PC games library with mostly getting free Games from Epic store buying some games that are not on Xbox from Steam when it on sale and GOG also gives free games so been getting that to.

1 Like

Would spawn one million posts about Embrace Extend Extinguish if it were Microsoft.

“this is the third cat game iv seen today”

King is hilarious

11 Likes

going live

4 Likes

CDPR is a publicly traded company. There would be bidding wars.

2 Likes

And in that case I can see MS trying to get them too, or well, I’d hope so. But who knows with the ABK deal still going on.

Good thing it’s all BS.

1 Like

Microsoft has continued doing acquisitions even while this ABK has been going on. Granted they are not the size of a CDPR, but they have been continuing with M&A activities. From Wiki:

12 Likes

Let’s be honest after Sony disappointed them and didn’t deliver the Xbox killing show they dreamed of, they’re going to be scrutinising every small thing that happens in the Xbox show to the point no matter how good the show is they’ll latch on to any negative and focus on that. Any dip in frame rate, Xbox shows a 3rd party game and they’ll try and push the narrative that Xbox’s first party is failing they they had to rely on 3rd party games for their showcase or if not many gamepass announcements are made we’ll see dumb Youtube videos saying “Not many Gamepass announcements, is the service being abandoned” of course complete with the annoying Youtube Thumbnail picture

It’s a shame folks just can’t be excited for gaming shows regardless of what they play on but yeah after their saviour Sony let them down, I definitely expect some in the media to completely blow up any small “negative” that may come from Xbox’s showcase.

11 Likes

Spot on my man. I was thinking the same but I’m too lazy to type it. You also put it out a lot more elegantly than I could :joy:

It could be a 11 out of 10 show but they’ll bring it down any way they can.

4 Likes