XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

Sony’s been doing this for years and they never stopped. Starting with the infamous Killzone 2 trailer up to Uncharted 4. People just give Sony the benefit of the doubt because Sony. This is why I always kinda rolled my eyes at people who were getting in Xbox shit about showing games on PC and not having the “captured on Xbox” on the screen. Even though I’ve yet to see a first party game that looked drastically different from it’s PC version that I can think of.

That’s not to say anything of the game’s quality. Insomniac is still a talented dev and it will be as good a Spider Man game as you’ll get. But Sony gonna Sony.

11 Likes

If the camera angle is not what you expect in a gameplay then it is not the gameplay you will experience in the game and is just marketing hype.

It could be in engine but you will not get to play it.

Another example is the Mirage Gameplay shown in the showcase. Don’t have expectations of that game based on what was shown there.

The best thing about that video was King David!! He was in heaven!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And the presentation was better than the actual showcase!!! lol

5 Likes

Any extraction shooter fans here? I’m curious what you guys want to see out of Marathon.

Also, has anyone here played the old Marathon games? One of the games is backwards compatible on Xbox, and all three games are free here:

https://alephone.lhowon.org/

Aleph One is the open source continuation of Bungie™’s Marathon® 2 game engine. Available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, Aleph One supports Marathon, Marathon 2 and Marathon Infinity natively.

Bully 2 for me.

6 Likes

Red Dead Redemption III.

But Max Payne 4 is tempting.

2 Likes
2 Likes

MP4

2 Likes
10 Likes

None of R* games really appeal to me these days. But if I had to pick one, it would probably be GTA6 if it is going for that Vice City/Miami vibe.

4 Likes

I know many like to meme when Phil said Sony isn’t competition, but this is what he was talking about. Gaming is the next form of media where the big companies want a piece of the pie. I won’t be shocked if other large companies try to get into industry by either buying shares or full takeover.

Grand Theft Auto 6, easily. I know that people close to me who are really excited about the existence of the game because it’s GTA and it is one of the most anticipated video games of all time. Hopefully, we get to see a logo reveal and teaser trailer this year.

1 Like

Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 2

2 Likes

I played the original Marathon in college, we used the PCs in the ‘computer room’ to set up LAN matches and it was my first experience with a Arena shooter.

1 Like

If they buy anyone it’ll be Ubisoft

1 Like

Ah yes, Comcast! The corp that basically has a broadband monopoly. Bet the ones that have an issue with Microsoft buying Activision wouldn’t bat an eyelash at them getting it.

6 Likes

Red Dead Redemption 3 without a doubt.

4 Likes

I’ll take anything from Rockstar right now. Always exciting to see what they can do with the new hardware.

5 Likes

“We are asking you to see our legs”

“Litteraly games where you can see the legs of your character”

Not entirely sure of the translation, but it was on the dashboard and pointed out to Game Pass games with body awareness.

Amazing.

Seriously, I love body awareness in games since Halo 2 and Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay.

6 Likes

PlayStation faces antitrust probe in Romania

http://www.consiliulconcurentei.ro/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/insp-Sony-mai-2023.pdf

The Competition Council has opened an investigation into a possible infringement of competition rules by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited and its subsidiaries Sony Interactive Entertainment Network Europe Limited and Sony Interactive Entertainment Direct Europe Limited - together referred to as Sony - in the market for the distribution of video games for PlayStation consoles. The Competition Authority has indications that Sony abused its dominant position in the video game console market both by selling PlayStation compatible video games online exclusively through the PlayStation Store platform and by prohibiting the sale of PlayStation compatible video game activation codes by competing distributors. These practices would have reduced the options for purchasing PlayStation compatible video games, which would have led to higher prices for PlayStation compatible video games. Another effect of these practices is to discourage Romanian studios from developing PlayStation compatible video games. Sony’s PlayStation brand consoles are preferred by Romanian gamers, according to public information, with approximately 1.3 million video game console users and 127 video game development studios in Romania that would be affected by this possible anti-competitive practice by Sony. As part of this investigation, the Competition Council has carried out inspections at Sony’s offices in Europe to gather information and evidence. The inspections are justified by the need to obtain all the information and documents necessary to clarify the possible anti-competitive practices under investigation. Their conduct does not constitute a finding of guilt.

Seems mostly related then to 1) having a walled garden digital store and 2) pulling retailer codes which Sony did a year or two back. Xbox and Nintendo both still offer digital game codes through retailers afaik

11 Likes