XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

And in that case I can see MS trying to get them too, or well, I’d hope so. But who knows with the ABK deal still going on.

Good thing it’s all BS.

1 Like

Microsoft has continued doing acquisitions even while this ABK has been going on. Granted they are not the size of a CDPR, but they have been continuing with M&A activities. From Wiki:

12 Likes

Let’s be honest after Sony disappointed them and didn’t deliver the Xbox killing show they dreamed of, they’re going to be scrutinising every small thing that happens in the Xbox show to the point no matter how good the show is they’ll latch on to any negative and focus on that. Any dip in frame rate, Xbox shows a 3rd party game and they’ll try and push the narrative that Xbox’s first party is failing they they had to rely on 3rd party games for their showcase or if not many gamepass announcements are made we’ll see dumb Youtube videos saying “Not many Gamepass announcements, is the service being abandoned” of course complete with the annoying Youtube Thumbnail picture

It’s a shame folks just can’t be excited for gaming shows regardless of what they play on but yeah after their saviour Sony let them down, I definitely expect some in the media to completely blow up any small “negative” that may come from Xbox’s showcase.

11 Likes

Spot on my man. I was thinking the same but I’m too lazy to type it. You also put it out a lot more elegantly than I could :joy:

It could be a 11 out of 10 show but they’ll bring it down any way they can.

4 Likes

People always demand more from Microsoft, when they nail it, somehow they are destroying the industry.

13 Likes

Using an Xbox controller to control the periscope on a submarine. The link goes to 8:27, but apparently that doesn’t work when you embed it, so just skip ahead if you want to see them discuss that.

OK, this was hilarious.

I actually had to search for Amazing Lucas’s full reaction to the showcase after I saw him in this. But he’s being as ridiculous as can be. Clown actually salutes Jim Ryan at the start, Xbox done of course he says a few times. When Jim says they will show the most breathtaking and imaginative games he says he knows this and is already imagining it. He’s fanboying over tons of indie games, yet had it been a Xbox show he’d been laughing.

Then at the end of the show he says he’s satisfied. So Spidey 2 is all it took for this to be a great show for him, dude was acting like that guy in the above video too when he saw Spidey. Acting all mental, lmao. What a ridiculous guy. Had this been a Xbox show where so many smaller games had been show he would have tore it a new one.

You think all the cult members do that when a Sony show starts? They all salute Jim? :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t know who this dude is but from your description he’s either playing things up because that brings in more views or he’s just a weird idiot. My guess is that he knows what brings in traffic, and he’s willing to play a character to get the views. I think there’s a pro wrestling term called kayfabe that’s related to this.

1 Like

For the longest time I’ve thought it was an act, but I’m convinced he truly is this ridiculous. Griffin a while ago had a video on him about his reaction to Spidey coming to PC. It was quite something. :rofl:

In a more recent video he talked shit about Insomniac how they hadn’t shown a thing. Insomniac had said in a tweet that they are cooking, and he called the cooking shit. This is how all these fanboys are, not the brightest. But in the end he blamed it all on Xbox. If Xbox was delivering bangers it would pressure Sony into showing Spidey. You can’t make this shit up.

5 Likes

Imagine if they had to blow into a dualsense to get the sub going :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Y’all go wish Lord Cognito wellness. He was in the ER but he’s out now.

10 Likes

And here I thought this shit didn’t really happen anymore, certainly not by Sony. I had forgotten they claimed the announcement trailer said captured on PS5, a blatant lie.

4 Likes

Many a blind eye will be turned. At this point, it is what it is.

7 Likes

Yeah, and while that clip doesn’t show the exact same location. This does

There is no way in hell it will improve that much that it will look like that. It’s a Spidey 1 shot, but lighting wise the two are pretty similar.

You’d think companies would’ve learned from Ubi’s mistakes (and others) and of course their own Killzone 2 BS back then.

4 Likes

Playing the devil´s advocate here, but we could discuss semantics.

The original video could have been captured on PS5, being a cinematic produced with the game´s engine. The reality is different when you start creating a videogame and adding objects with certain degree of interactivity (usually not very high in the case of Playstation games tho), in real time.

If you compare the recent gameplay, that I also found disappointing btw, with the original trailer, its hard not to be disappointed, but the latter was produced simply to sell on the hype.

2 Likes

Sony likes to mention how it’s always captured on their system. I guess we probably should pay attention to the wording too, they don’t say gameplay captured on PS5.

2 Likes

Sony is notourious for downgrades from thefirst killzone to last of us 2 and ghosts. look at the first demos/trailers to what was relleased. always a big downgrade. I pointedthis out to someone with examples and they said they didnt care because sony always hits them mark

3 Likes

Sony has a history of deliberately showing off “game footage” they know they can never realistically reach. They will never get the benefit of the doubt from me because they do it so often. The fact that they always get a free pass from the media and their fans drives me crazy.

It’s like them promising to deliver a Lamborghini but instead delivering a Corvette. Sure, the corvette is nice and I’ll have a great time with it, but where’s my F***ing Lambo? :smile:

9 Likes

Hmm, now that you mention it. TLOU2 was a little downgraded, but not much, right? Wasn’t Ghost mostly a time of day/lighting thingy?

Kinda curious now, I’ll YouTube it.

Yeah it’s unfortunate. I mean, Xbox isn’t much better there either. Show Pc footage and not say what it’s from and people expect console to look like that.

I just wish there was more transparency. Show me what the game will look like, not what it will look like in heavily altered still images.

2 Likes