Playstation Showcase OT: NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY

It just keeps going lol.

4 Likes

The quick time events are really innovative though. Seriously, I don’t get why the first Spidey got so much praise. I’m probably in the minority but this is such boring game design.

1 Like

Spider-Man 2 trailer was pretty dope, but that’s it lol some cool things like Alan Wake 2 and Marathon but still a boring ass showcase

And no release date for Spidey 2, huh

1 Like

lmao spiderman dragged on for way too long. and they showed less first party games than i modestly predicted.

2 Likes

That was a 6/10 for me

This was the worst Playstation show since the show with the flute guy.

9 Likes

This got me thinking… imagine the Persona 6 unveiling is actually at the Xbox showcase :joy:, that would be glorious!

1 Like

Am I the only one who was not impressed in terms of graphics?

11 Likes

yep 3rd party saved the event

4 Likes

man, this whole show was weird because it seemed like it was a third party showcase and not many announcements for Sony. I don’t want to concern troll, but are these Sony games much further than expected? It could be what many are saying that dev time is taking much longer for AAA because no TLOU: factions, Wolverine, Stellar blade, ronin, and others seems weird imo

6 Likes

A reminder to never be hyped and stop believing insiders

17 Likes

It was okay. I hope Xbox has a better show.

Alan Wake 2, MGS collection, Dragon’s Dogma 2 and Bungie’s new game are the highlights for me.

Not a lot of exclusive games, so at least there’s that.

Where are Castlevania and Silent Hill 2 ?

1 Like

If Xbox showed this many CG trailers and third party games, they would be absolutely eviscerated all over the internet and media.

Kinda crazy when you think about it, especially as this was their first big showcase in a long time and dubbed the start of “Phase 2.”

11 Likes

Do you have a source for this? I’ve been burned before =P

Edit: at the end of the IGN version of the trailer.

I saw many people on Twitter saying this show would mean for them “will I get a PS5 now?” I gotta say, this show did not do that AT ALL. I might just not buy one this year after all.

I had expected at least three or more games from Sony studios like ND, maybe Sucker Punch, Bend?

I think it’s clear now that not only Microsoft was hit by covid, it’s clear Sony is not ready at all. Da fuck!

11 Likes

Reiterates how much Sony needs ABK.

3 Likes

Not a lot there for me personally especially since I don’t like Spiderman or FF. Where is Factions?

I’m not familiar with Marathon. All I know about it is that it’s pre-Halo Bungie. Without gameplay, I don’t know if it will be something to care about.

Teardown coming to consoles is great.

This showcase did not setup the second phase of the ps5.

1 Like

yeah Sony was just lucky some of their games were near ready when covid hit

1 Like

6/10. And two out of the 3 games i want are multiplats.

1 Like

All I’ll say is that after all the noise over the last month…Xbox has an opportunity here.

9 Likes