Goldeneye 007 Remastered coming to Xbox and Game Pass (Achievements, 4K, Split-screen)

I mean, we are not losing anything there, it is free for Rare Replay owners, it’s on Game Pass. Yeah, it is not the most updaded version, but we don’t have to spend $60 for it either. It’s not to say, the remake will never be released.

Maybe Nintendo.

Its not stupid. They can release what they can release. There is no magic wand for them to wave to make what you want happen. Your other option is getting nothing.

2 Likes

Exactly, it is better than nothing, especially if there is way you don’t even need to pay for it.

1 Like

You and I both know they’d rather release the remaster they made but someone somewhere isn’t allowing it. Thus Xbox’s reluctance to work on other’s IPs. It’s a headache and a minefield for the game’s entire existence.

7 Likes

the OG bad actor strikes back

Has anyone recently played the original GoldenEye? To say it’s aged badly is an understatement.

Nostalgia is a funny thing in that it blinds you. I remember it being amazing (which it was for the time), I played it nearly every day with friends or in solo.

GoldenEye Source was great but I was really looking forward to an official remaster by Rare… nevermind.

I have 0 nostalgia towards the game outside of it’s music.

Is this port really that big of a deal ? lol

Had it been the long rumoured and leaked remaster of GoldenEye I’d say yes. It was the FPS which started it all and influenced games like Call of Duty. Up until then Doom and Wolfenstein were considered what FPS games could be and GoldenEye flipped that perception completely.

The bog standard port with no (online) multiplayer which was key to it’s success? No I doubt it is a big deal.

no online multiplayer.

2 Likes

From the article :

an HD remaster was supposed to launch on Xbox 360 in 2008, but licensing and rights issues complicated a deal to ever release it

Nintendo to blame for this. No doubt they were stubborn as hell

In the 2020’s this is what I meant… but I’ll edit to be clear :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s 2022, local multiplayer only might as well be no multiplayer

It’s ironic that the console that’s better suited for local multiplayer but has terrible online has 007 online but the console that built it’s name on multiplayer doesn’t

Tragic

1 Like

So this is not the Remaster that we’re looking for?

1 Like

It was this that we wanted?

And for some reason Nintendo said no to Xbox, basically? Which would be pretty shitty with Xbox having done some cool stuff for them like Banjo and Minecraft character in Smash.

No that’s a different game

Could be Nintendo, could be the owners of the IP, who knows. What I know is that Xbox would have released the HD Remastered in a heartbeat. It is enterely possible they just can’t.

1 Like

Something interesting on the achievement list on True Achievements, for the multiplayer achievements it lists them as obtainable in online and offline modes. In comparison, the ‘Complete a level’ achievements are Offline only.

To further add to this, Overcooked, which was a couch co-op only title, lists every achievement, including the one for it’s versus mode as Offline only.

So either the 007 statement is mistaken or misspoken, or something changed last minute.

2 Likes