Goldeneye 007 Remastered coming to Xbox and Game Pass (Achievements, 4K, Split-screen)

I think it comes down to, would you rather no 007 or 007 with no MP (for some dumb reason) I seriously hope this isn’t Nintendo being shitty, as if people are gonna buy a Switch instead of a Xbox because of 007 MP lol. Also there is no way MS would not bother with MP on Xbox but do it for Switch.

6 Likes

Yeah, this looks worse than the 360 XBLA thing i played on Xenia. What is happening here?

What I’m thinking is that the developers of the remaster aren’t available anymore at least legally so they can’t use their (unfinished) work and sell it.

Yeah this makes sense.

Honestly, I don’t care which version is there, I get to play it on Game Pass so I don’t lose anything there. Who knows, maybe the remake version for later.

2 Likes

Dude how to Xbox players always get screwed on these deals

1 Like

We just need MS to buy Amazon and that other lot who own the rights, ez

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Hanjimba/status/1569712887395934209

1 Like

If they worked for Rare their work is Rare’s, not their own. The most likely answer is the simplest. Nintendo likely wouldn’t allow them to release the remake/remastered version. This is what the two companies could agree to.

1 Like

The duality of Xbox fans, losing their shit over Halo local splitscreen being scrapped and now losing their shit over Xbox not having MP and local splitscreen only. hehe, I’m just teasing but seriously it’s not something Xbox did or wanted, like it’s already been said it’s a Nintendo online feature thing to do with allow older N64 games being able to be played online.

4 Likes

To summarize, the game only has an online version ( more like a local split-screen version being streamed ) on Switch, because it is the only platform that does that for all retro games.

1 Like

Nobody asked them to do a crappy emulated version of the original so the reasoning why Nintendo has isn’t any consolation

They have a fully completed remaster but they release this shite instead

1 Like

I’m not sure who they worked for.

Calm down, maybe that’s the only thing they could get an agreement over. I’m sure they would have released the remake version otherwise.

The remaster/remake was, from my understanding, worked on at Rare.

I am perfectly calm

Pointing out how utterly stupid this is after people were waiting so long for it doesn’t change that

1 Like

The online play already exists on emulators without Nintendo doing anything themselves. Xbox doesn’t use emulators.

Did someone blocked the XBLA remaster from releasing or what ?