Goldeneye 007 Remastered coming to Xbox and Game Pass (Achievements, 4K, Split-screen)

I think the Switch version is part of their classic game service they have. All of their old games can be played online. I think the Xbox version is like a touched up version similar to the Rare Replay games.

1 Like

Yeah stupid and weird, anyone with a modded 360 can literally download it and play it already since like a year or more :skull:

Really hope the online only on Switch is a typoā€¦

What was better and different about that remaster?

Hmm, there is a lot of information being left out of the Xbox press releaseā€¦ The omission of Online Support isā€¦ Interesting to say the least.

And this tweet has been deletedā€¦

Yeah I really donā€™t get that either. Online play is super important to Xbox. Wtf.

2 Likes

Ah itā€™s just the N64 version, I thought it was the remastered version :pensive:.

Graphics, framerate, modern controls (i think) and you could switch between the 64 version and the new one

This version is objectively inferior but the fact thereā€™s no online play is the worst part of all this, what a joke

2 Likes

https://m.imgur.com/r/gaming/tFSNAQV

Yeah my initial hype has now all gone.

Not remastered and no online = :poop:

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is that the was an agreement that had to be reached with Nintendo to even be able to release the game at all.

1 Like

Letā€™s try to look at that : maybe because the James Bond IP doesnā€™t belong to MS, it is possible Nintendo negotiated the online version.

1 Like

Wtf. Then why didnā€™t they go with that one? Sigh. I donā€™t get why Switch gets online play but Xbox now. Who made this?

Canā€™t seem to load the post it says.

While letting Rare, a Microsoft company, work on the Remastered version. Not great to offer Xbox user the lesser version.

I donā€™t know, but there must be more to it, Nintendo might have pulled a Sony here.

Ah it works now. For some reason it wasnā€™t playing nice with the Imgur app.

That is a big difference, this is a shame.

Somehow Microsoft managed to deliver a inferior port for Xbox usersā€¦

Multiplayer is such a key component of Goldeneye.

Somebody said it might have to do with the Switch adding an online play to all retro games, so it might explain that. As it is basically an upscale version of the 64 version.