Goldeneye 007 Remastered coming to Xbox and Game Pass (Achievements, 4K, Split-screen)

Oh I have no doubt about that either.

What the is the story about this remaster, it never came out on 360? I’ve never really looked it up and researched it.

I would not be surprised that Nintendo wanted to have some exclusivity at least for online. This game is more important for Xbox folks than Nintendo anyway.

TA aren’t affiliated with Xbox

It’s just how they have the achievements listed, it will likely be edited now that they know it’s local only

With the version being released, it is due to the Switch being the only one to add online to retro titles ( basically a streamed split-screen online ).

It’s been 8 million years !! Finally !

2 Likes

Look im not bothered with online tbh. Does it have some of the minor gameplay tweaks the remaster had??

hype went from 100 to 0 when i see its the n64 version of the game

4 Likes

You can voice disappoinment without being dramatic like this

1 Like

I guess some people would ague preferring it not release on Xbox at all than release as an underwhelming port

Which part was dramatic exactly?

This game will be fun around holidays and your family and friends are around and y’all fire up Goldeneye and play a few rounds for nostalgia sake. Other than that being the N64 version with no online play makes this game not so useful and to be honest with the games we got today it won’t get much run anyway.

That the game never had online and its actually an emulator hack doing it on Switch?

I know they are not affiliated with Xbox, but they do get their information from Xbox servers. TA has stated that they have contacted Xbox for clarification.

1 Like

Perfect Dark didn’t either, but Microsoft/Rare managed to make it work in the 360 remaster. If they are already putting in the work to add quality of life improvements, 4K, etc. I don’t see why online multiplayer, even a basic form of it, shouldn’t be included in the game.

But was PD on Nintendo platform?

Possibly a restriction imposed by the license holder(s). This is why its always a hassle to work with others’ IP.

4 Likes
2 Likes

The remaster never came out, right? But there IS footage of it…

It was leaked. I literally downloaded it and played it on my modded 360.

2 Likes

Perfect Dark was originally a N64 exclusive, so yes. If you are asking did PD remaster release on Wii at the same time it did on 360, then no. However, I fail to see how that relates to what Paxton was saying.

If the reason GoldenEye doesn’t have online on Xbox is a licensing issue, that’s one thing. If it’s because Microsoft didn’t bother to include it, I take issue with that.