Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

As someone else said “There isn’t a single reliable Sony insider”. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah the tweeter is not reliable at all but the info does look good. Excited to hear more about whatever Marc Grossman wants to say! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that person reliable?

No idea, but others were also saying no Infinity Cache too based from those same source images. Maybe we’ll find out more details as time goes on and the techies share and ‘peer review’ various findings. I’m hoping there’s follow up images with more details.

Not a truly scientific peer review, but others will post their findings, respond to others’ findings, refine their own thoughts and reshare, and then perhaps a general consensus will happen.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, makes perfect sense.

Its amazing that companies give RGT pc hardware and people give him money on patreon.

3 Likes

To his credit, he DOES seem to know insiders at AMD, just not anyone with actual knowledge of console tech. ALL of his console tech stuff appears to be unvetted nonsense that he passes along when it conveys the messaging he wants to hear or that his audience wants to hear. The Infinity Cache missing from the die shot for PS5 (assuming that is true) is yet another death knell for RGT’s credibility. That was something he pretended to confirm numerous times. /smh

Some fans were trying to push it with a straight face even though it was literally physically impossible due to the amount of space it takes on the die and the fact we already had a good guess as to the PS5 die size lol.

1 Like

So is the geometry engine just a standard RDNA2 part? does xsx have it? Or is it some custom PS5 hardware?

2 Likes

Does any of this even really matter?

1 Like

Might not be the best thread for it tbh. But yes, it matters to tech nerds.

2 Likes

There never have been, they all go for the 15 mins of fame and all the clicks that frantic Sony fans give them. You’d figure after a while Sony fans would get tired of hearing lies from Sony insiders but it seems as long as you talk good about Sony they will continue to believe whatever they say.

2 Likes

Where do you think the best place to discuss this is? Because with the release of the PS5 die shot theres quite a bit to talk about (well… at least for me)

1 Like

Maybe the PS5 thread? Not sure if we have a hardware-specific tech thread (ya could make one!). :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

You gave the flashback of the entire previous year.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

cough

https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1361335227092729861?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1361335321955340293|twgr^|twcon^s2_&ref_url=

3 Likes

It’s certainly hugely surprising and impressive. I’d just wait to see exact what we end up getting on console though. I’m a cynic perhaps but I’m struggling to see the Series S deliver this at the promised 60FPS. If it does then wow.

1 Like

Keep in mind this won’t use ML and is still a gen 1 next gen approach. Should see more improvements year after year. :slight_smile:

Another wash for Xbox. @ProgStopper summon the list man

3 Likes
2 Likes