Zenimax Online is developing a new AAA IP on a new engine (updated)

On the Zenimax Online website there is curious info on their “we’re hiring” page:

"Lead Combat Designer

DEPARTMENT DESIGN DIVISION ZENIMAX ONLINE STUDIOS LOCATION HUNT VALLEY MD

Overview

ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Lead Combat Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.

(…)

Preferred Skills

Experience developing Open World games"

There is also information about a new engine:

"Senior Animation Engineer

DEPARTMENT ENGINEERING/PROGRAMMING DIVISION ZENIMAX ONLINE STUDIOS LOCATION HUNT VALLEY MD

Overview

ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Animation Software Engineer to develop a robust in-game animation system in our new engine for the studio’s next AAA project."

First spotted by Xbox News Twitter profile:

Click here for the original source on Zenimax site (with lots of other details about these job requirements).

3 Likes

There is your case by case game.

7 Likes

Wonder if it will be a pure online game or single player.

1 Like

Yes. And if it’s a new IP (well, it seems it is), I wonder what would it possibly be: another fantasy game like Elder Scrolls or something entirely different?

Please bring back True Fantasy Live Online. A modern take would be pretty cool.

3 Likes

I wonder if they have any desire to make a game that isn’t an MMO now. And if so, they should probably change their name.

1 Like

I’m fine with whatever they want to make.

1 Like

They were making the Commander Keen mobile game that may be cancelled.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to give TESO a shot. I got the base game, hell, we all do with game pass, haha. And recently bought Summerset for only 4 euros here. Now I just need to start playing it, lol.

1 Like

I’m wondering if they’ll put all the expansions to ESO on Game Pass. If they do, I also may try it. Might as well.

Bought like every expansion and never played them. This the kind of game I would have played the living daylights during my college days but now with work its hard.

I understand you very well .

1 Like

New IP and Engine is very exciting. I would imagine it isn’t high fantasy (I think?) like elder scrolls online since they want to make their own world.

1 Like

Well, no longer a “Rumor” then

I will update the title.

1 Like

Pre-production on a new IP, so this is like 2024 if we’re lucky lol

The first tweet said it started in 2018.

With the money that Microsoft is now putting into all their projects, I’d be excited to see what a MMO with their backing aiming for a new generation might look like. I think this could have some exciting potential when you factor a persistent game will be able to fully leverage cloud compute. If it started 2018, it’s probably a long ways off.

1 Like

I remember when I wrote Microsoft should make a full fledged MMO and it almost seemed impossible.

1 Like