Yakuza Performance on Xbox Series S

There’s many things we don’t know :

Devkit from this game is the XDK (Xbox One development tool) and the game don’t feature an engine compatible with RDNA 2 and all.

What I think the performance of the game (which aren’t “bad”) are below expectations because the game is not develop on the GDK and Dragon Engine + all I said make a hard time exploiting consoles at their full potential.

PS4 pro run the game at 1080P / 30 FPS PS4 900P / 30 Xbox One 900P / 30 (I think ?) Xbox One X 1080P / 30

And XSS is 900P / 60 + 1440P / 30 XSX is 1440 / 60 + 4K / 30

It’s not the good game to see the power of those two consoles, even the PS5 port will certainly hit the XSX performance and it will mean nothing about the consoles. Remember AC 4 was 900 / 30 for Xbox one and 720 / 30 for 360, in the end, a game like AC Odyssey was way, waaaaay better visually and the downgrade from a resolution point was not as bad as we would have guess at the start of the generation.

I’m waiting for Gears Tactics performance to have a better view of what both XSS and XSX could achieve.

This is just a very poorly optimized engine the Yakuza games even struggle on 2080 graphic cards. This is nothing on xbox even Valhalla is 4k60 and will have a much bigger world.

1 Like

ACV should be a good one, but we just don’t know that much. They said 4K and 60fps. Is that native 4K though? Same with WDL, so close to launch, I just now saw a new gameplay video of it on Gamespot, but it’s PC. It’s nice and all that things like raytracing were mentioned earlier this year…but seeing it in a video would be even better at this point. I’m not saying I’m worried, but it can’t hurt to see it in action now, less than a month away.

Like others said, it’s most likely due to optimization of the engine. I was shocked by how good Kiwami 2 looks, but also disappointed by the resolution on One X.

Yakuza 7 is a JRPG now so 30 FPS is ok. If it looks great and play great, it’s fine. It probably won’t be a 4K60FPS game this generation. Not with this new taxing engine.

2 Likes

Considering the Yakuza games were 1080p 30fps on PS4 Pro at 4.2Tflops and 900p 30fps on base PS4, the fact a Series S at 4Tflops runs it at either same resolution but double the frame rate or 1440p and same frame rate as PS4 Pro is quite impressive imo.

This will most likely vary per game and per engine. I expect stuff like Forza to be 1440p 60fps for example.

3 Likes

Exactly. People are too hang up into performance targets to realize SS is delivering almost twice the Pro’s performance in this game.

It is also exactly doing what it is supposed to do in regards to the Series X.

I would think that even badly optimised games will run better as next gen exclusives due to RDNA2 etc.

But it is. SS is delivering around 80% higher resolution than Pro in this game. Despite the same amount of tflops (even a bit lower) and Bandwidth.

1 Like

There is more than just resolution and framerate.

For yakuza 0 it is, but yakuza 0 is less demanding. Yakuza 2 already is 900p 30 on Xbone and 1080p 30 on X.

Ive played every Yakuza game on ps4 and the Dragon Engine which is the new one they are using is far from optimized/less buggy.

Looks good tho.

Hitting native 4k is a hard task and wasting resources on it will be in efficient when tricks like DRS are there.

DRS will be present in every game coming forward (mostly)

Whenever GPU is bottlenecked, it is better to have a resolution dropped instead of frame rate.

Yeah dynamic res or some good reconstruction techniques. The thing people underestimate is how much GPU things like better shadows use…

I see a lot this 1440p/60fps and 4k/30fps on series X but it’s always the same screenshot tlking about series s. Did sega really said no 4k/60fps?

As a quick reminder, XSS gamers will be gaming on a 1080p TV, not a 4k TV.

1 Like

DF review!

On XSX

3 Likes

I’ll be playing this on Xbox One (900p 30fps) and loving it.

Jez Corden tweeted approx. three hours ago that this information was fake…

Finally developers are giving gamers a choice on frame rates. I can’t wait for next gen. Let the gamers decide how they want to play your game.