Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Review Thread

Glad you like it. It’s honestly the best Xbox Series launch game and i still haven’t beat it after 70 hours. I’m not even sure Cyberpunk will surpass the love i have for this game.

2 Likes

Just finished it. It’s a masterpiece! Absolutely love this game and the incredible performance the cast did throughout. Never thought this would be my game of the year but I’m absolutely blown away right now. This game has so much heart everything else feels shallow!

2 Likes

I finished it 2 days ago and i agree. It’s game of the year material and one of the best JRPG games I’ve ever played.

2 Likes

Loving the game but kinda angrily stuck in Chapter 12. Ya’ll probably know where.

Yep, you should definitely train at least until lvl 50 to make it. The Arena is a great place for that. You level up really fast there

2 Likes

I second this, also make sure you buy recovery items. It took be a little bit to level up but you can do it!

1 Like

I just bought the game since it went on sale because of TGA. Can’t wait to dive in!

3 Likes

How much is it?

1 Like

You’re not ready!

1 Like

It’s 20% off. In the US it’s currently $47.99 and it’s €47.99 in Europe.

1 Like

Just reached chapter 3 and wow, the story is amazing. The only downside is that they used the same premise for the story as the first Yakuza game (go to prison to help the family), but damn, it is really well done. So many feels!

I was curious about how they would handle dungeons and I really liked the result.

But damn, it took a while until I could properly play the game. After three or so hours I’d been in only two or three fights :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is one of the slower openings in a Yakuza game but once it opens it gets really good.

2 Likes

Just got the last achievement yesterday. Really enjoyed this! My game of the year, with Doom Eternal in second place. Can’t wait to play 3-6 :grin:

5 Likes

Damn, I was really enjoying the story, but now I have to grind for money to continue :frowning:

The business management is the best way to get money by far. Once you get to the top you start to get so much money to the point where you can pretty much just buy anything you want.

3 Likes

The management mini-game seemed so intimidating to me that I stopped when I hit top 100. I’ll probably just finish looking for the cats and kappas to rack up the money I need and unlock the arena!

1 Like

It seemed quite intimidating to me at first but I was able to get the hang of it pretty quickly. Simply bought the best properties available that I could afford and tried to hire the best employees. If I was not able to meet the requirements I’d just upgrade the property till I met them. Shareholder meetings are pretty simple too, just gotta know what each color is weak to. The arena once you unlock it is a very good way to get exp and is pretty good for money too. Considering where you are I recommend going through the battle arena to level up since the difficulty is going to spike. I personally went up to level 48-ish, but I think 45 should be good enough.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips!

Yeah, I’m currently level 36~38 and I did not need to grind so far, but I can feel the enemies are becoming damage sponges. And I’ve been finding it odd that I’m already at chapter 12 while doing every substory available and I’ve only played for 26 hours while everyone says it is a 80+ hours platinum, so I could feel the grind coming :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The reason the game is considered to be an 80+ hour completion is because there’s a post-game achievement that requires you to beat a dungeon in which the recommended level is 99. I personally didn’t go for it, I don’t really have the time for it. I had 55+ hours when I completed the main story of the game.

1 Like

Beat the game yesterday. Top 2 game of the year for me along with Ori WOTW. Game has a lot of heart. First Japanese RPG I’ve put a lot of time into in over 2 decades. Usually have a hard time completing long games. Wasn’t too familiar with the Yakuza IP. Couldn’t put this one down though. Great characters! Made me laugh and smile a lot yet still enjoyed the drama and serious stuff. Really good English voice acting. Ichi is one of my favorite characters in gaming now.

7 Likes