Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Review Thread

Fantasy Critic uses OpenCritic, that’s good enough for me!

1 Like

That’s great news about the subtitles! I’m not sure that this game is Play Anywhere if that’s even the appropriate term, I don’t see the tag anywhere.

Looking on any of these three pages says:

Install on your home Xbox One console plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account.

But this one says:

Install on a Windows 10 PC plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account. Administrator approval required for installation

@brunopcosta1 Guess this answers your question!

Right now like a dragon is the best reviewed next gen optimized game on opencritic :smile: I expect Demon Souls to top that, but still funny to see

Really great to see! I’m a huge fan of the genre and I hope that this brings about a renaissance of sorts for it, like all the soulslike and roguelikes we’ve seen lately. Those two types aren’t really my type at all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah I’m currently playing through Yakuza 0 for the first time. It’s really fun and just such a unique Game. Am going to finish this, this weekend and have already preordered like a dragon. Hope this does well on Xbox and we see more Games from this franchise on Xbox

Thanks for letting me know!!

Yeah, it definitely feels like Microsoft has a hand on some of those decisions. You buy the game once and get to play it on a Xbox One, a Series X|S and a PC while keeping all your progression? The game being fully dubbed + subtitles for more countries? I don’t think it was all due to Sega.

1 Like

0 is my favorite of the trio on Xbox, I hope you’re enjoying it :smile: . I went out of my way to buy them all even though they’re on Game Pass because I want more games like these on the system!

I hope this is the start (or continuation) of a long, fruitful partnership at least.

1 Like

Well, I did it. I broke my five-year streak of not buying a game full-price for Yakuza 7 (and double-dipped on Dragon Quest XIS too). I hereby graciously accept the credit for all the JRPGs that come to Xbox from here on out.

Man this game is so good. Really enjoying my time with it now. Ichiban is such a cool character, you have to love this guy. I love the way these games tell stories. And like a dragon is there best effort yet.

3 Likes

Game gets stuck on the Splash Screen for me so Im reinstalling. If not I’ll just wait for a patch.

Yeah, I’m really digging it too! Finally unlocked the job system.

This happened to me too, a full reboot helped. Hope it works for you!

Yeah, really loving this game so far. It’s one of those games I just don’t want to stop playing. Story and characters are super interesting so far and I’m actually really enjoying the turn-based combat. Glad I made the purchase.

Happened to me too.

Didnt fix it for me so Ill just wait. Only happens with it.

Weird, I don’t have any problems at all. But man the HDR in this Game is on another level!!! This must be the best implementation of HDR in any game. Walking through the streets by night with all the neonsigns is a sight to behold! Absolutely amazing!

1 Like

I regret to inform you all that this game is actually trash because I am trying to get a specific toy from the UFO catcher and it suuuuucks.

Hoping complaining about it on the internet will increase my chances of getting it.

Edit: Two minutes later, as expected.

Ever tried a UFO catcher in real life? This is a pretty r3alistic recreation of that :joy:

I sure have, so thank goodness I don’t have a completion list in real life! Mercifully, it lets you get just 15/16 unique toys so I’m done now and looking forward to the rest of the game :rofl:

1 Like

Holy shit, this game!!! I’m not the one shetting tears lightly, but what this game pulls off is insane. I am devastated right now. What an emotional Rollercoaster this is. Still not finished, but man absolutely moving game.

1 Like