Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Review Thread

You made the right call, it’s not worth it, you just get an achievement and a not very interesting costume. Same for doing every part-time hero quest. You don’t even get a token item or anything for that one!

What’s the costume that you get from doing it?

@PhantomFox I decided to try the Management thing today and holy shit! I might have spent 5 hours on this thing alone, and finally hit #1! I’m now going for the 10 billion achievement and I have so much money now :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It’s a gold-colored version of the knight “Hero” armor. There’s also a pretty boilerplate congratulations messages. Nothing remarkable. It’s really great at being intense as hell though, aside from being tough as hell, Amon summons shadow Majima, Saejima, and Kiryu when you get him down to his second-to-last form. When you get their health low, they just straight-up use their special attacks from Poundmates against you.

Nice! You’ll be needing 22.2 million to fully upgrade the workshop, so get grinding!

2 Likes

Yep, once you really get going with the management minigame money will never be a problem ever again. It is absolutely worth it.

Ah, alright. Yeah, don’t think I’ll be doing it then unless I have nothing to play (which isn’t going to be the case for a loooong time).

1 Like

Yeah, I had to spend a day grinding up to 99, I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re crazy about achievements! I just wanted to put the game to bed so I could move onto something else :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I finished doing most of the side stuff. I maxed all bond levels, watched all the movies, finished all available kart races and completed the arena. Decided to continue the story and I still got my ass kicked in that fight against Majima and Saejima. I retried the battle and managed to win by abusing lots of items lol

I grinded a few more levels and now my whole party is at level 50. I hope that’s enough for the story!

1 Like

I think i was level 60-70 when I finished the last mission.

1 Like

If you’re having trouble with leveling, remember that the bonus dungeons let you run away from fights. You can make a beeline for the metal-slime equivalent enemies (Invested Vagabond) and shred them with Joon-Gi’s rapid shot and Zhao’s dragonfang decimator (Bullet of honor from the matriarch job is good too, if you have the DLC). Chugging Kiwami drinks is slow but helps too! You can also double up on +xp accessories, including job xp ones. You can grab a bunch of the low-level stat boosts from jobs you might not have gotten far in yet!

I managed to complete the story yesterday! I had to look into some guides to know beforehand what were the weakness of the bosses since they seemed to resist everything lol And that made my life a bit easier!

Incredible game. Fighting Kiryu felt like battling Red in Pokémon Gold decades ago. Not to mention the Tojo Clan legends fighting side by side! Took me close to 45 hours to beat the game + most of the side stuff.

Now the true grind begins since I plan to get every achievement in the game.

3 Likes

I just started this tonight. I feel like I’ve been sitting here for hours and haven’t actually played the game for more than a couple minutes.

1 Like

All Yakuza games start slow. It’s a weird decision by the developers to make it like that when you consider all the new people coming to the series now but it is what it is. When the game let’s go of your hand it really gets going.