XGL to XGPU conversion - India

I think it will remain active for the paid amount of time, but I’m not particularly well versed in how it handles this conversion if there already was an existing sub. I’m sorry I’m ignorant :frowning: lol

Aah. Will have to check later on. Let me risk it if it works or not.

I took hours and hours of caution for this lol, and had to go to weird lengths to get some of my friends to help me with this and it worked out in the end. I think this deal will stay for at least a few days, no rush, take your time and see what ways you can maximize gamepass months. Some folks I saw got till 2023, maybe they had an existing sub. What I read was 36 months is max it’ll add over your existing amount of months.

@PCPrincipal

Fuck all of what I said. Here’s a GOAT explaining this on reddit

3 Likes

Seems clear to me, now.

I have to either discontinue my current GPU or create a new account for this, then to get the 8 x 4 = 32 deal.

1 Like

then there’s this guy who replied with this to the above. Honestly, this is a mess lol but this kinda shit is what will keep away the casuals from worrying about things like this that they’d rather just pay up (much like console players buying console instead of PC for convenience and ease of use reasons), we here gotta put in some extra effort and experiment to see what works and what doesn’t. It’s the same frustrations I have with emulation but still stick with it lol.

Honestly, I would just suggest new account at this point yeah, if you don’t care about progress or achievements. But I think there gotta be a way to change the account linking (where you have the xbox account but link it to another ms account and get the subscription length from there, but preserve the achievements and progress and such on the same xbox account).

I should bookmark this page probably.

My GPU ends late November and I will want to to the merge thing again.

1 Like

email is sacrosanct to progress in xbox. You can’t change it easily, yet. Same is the case for Steam.

thankfully, I have my achievements split wildly across different gaming endpoints - can start afresh.

1 Like

there’s this option on the xbox app. Could that do what I am talking about, where it’ll keep the xbox side the same, but change the MS account side.

This. I will have to check this out.

If you already have Game Pass Ultimate subscription and do not want to start a new gamertag account, the cheapest means of extending it is letting the account lapse, stack up on as much cheapest Xbox Live Gold (XLG) as you can (36 months), then redeem 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate. Currently it still offers a 1:1 conversion rate from XLG to GPU.

You could though create a brand new gamertag that you only use for the benefits. If you go this route, be sure to set your main console as your HOME console, so everyone else on that console can enjoy the same Game Pass Ultimate benefits. This has it’s down-sides if you have multiple consoles or want to play on different devices such as PC, Tablet, or other Streaming devices.

CAVEAT: In the future they may adjust the conversion rate so it’s no longer 1:1 conversion for existing services when upgrading to GPU. With that said, the 1:1 conversion has been a thing since the roll out of Game Pass Ultimate on April 18, 2019.

Outside of that, if you are in the USA and don’t mind a little bit of hustle each and every day, you can join the Microsoft Rewards program. This allows you to gain Reward Points to redeem for Game Pass Ultimate. The program has it’s own things to be done daily such as searching, quizzes, challenges on Edge, Mobile, and Console. Then there is also the Xbox Game Pass quests. Currently 3 months of GPU is 35K points. I’m on pace to earn 19K-23K points a month. So every 2 months I could redeem for 3 months of GPU. There are other items you can redeem for, such as Xbox/Microsoft Store Credits, Gift Cards to Amazon / Target / Walmart / Hulu / NFL / StarBucks / DunkinDonuts / Dominos / GrubHub / UberEats / DoorDash / TacoBell / BurgerKing, or even donate the points to charities. It’s around 1000 points to $1, but you get better discounts on Xbox/Microsoft store credits. Over the lifetime of this rewards program I have earned over 1,343,000 points.

1 Like

Subscribed up until 2024.

yay

2 Likes

What steps did you take? Did you create a new account? Or did you find some means of down-converting from existing GPU, expanding subscriptions and then re-subscribing to GPU?

My current account is subbed till 2022. So, I have let it be as is. Will let it lapse when it does expire. I don’t know whether I can down-convert the gpu to a lighter version of gp, as I am already paid for somehow.

I have created a new account and gone through these steps. This works for me, as most of my achievemetns are not necessarily xbox oriented. I have a small gamerscore there. It is definitely not recommended for the averaage Joe/Jane who has a large gs on xbox.

I am hoping I can gift myself games to my new account . Does it work? Can you sell/transfer your game to a different user?

1 Like

If both accounts have your main console set as HOME console then anyone can play games owned by the other accounts. However, on a non-HOME system only the original account can play the purchased games.

For instance, I configured an account for my Sister with GPU and some purchased titles, and my niece and nephew are able to play those games as well as play online.

1 Like

1 Like

LOL

1 Like

Do you happen to know anyone who cancelled all their subs?, I’m on 24m rn and debating if I should take the risk to get 32…

I don’t, sorry. :frowning:

But I mean, get the 32 on another new account like @beastmode10 did.