XGL to XGPU conversion - India

Yeah it’s a huge potential market. Also no weird shit like China, just a proper but massive country.

mfs bought hotstar and automatically got millions of subs overnight. :rofl:

2 Likes

tbh we have our own weird problems lol but defo not as bad

Don’t we all, but at least it’s not on concentration camp-levels :wink:

1 Like

Asian market is a monster, man, and I mean it.

Once, people enter the Asian market - they will have to make a choice – with quite a few countries being decidedly NOT friendly to China at all – like India, Japan and Australia, now. And not every content can go to every Asian country.

And with India - it is very likely the country’s own large pool of creatives will take over the industry very quickly. India has more ppl than the US in the creative movie/series space, but they have Never entered gaming earlier.

3 Likes

@PCPrincipal

Let’s continue here.

I got it from Microsoft website itself.

And Idk how existing subs will affect the trick, but I had no subscriptions active.

@BRiT maybe you can help with this?

Cool. Let me try it out with a VPN if it works.

oooh I don’t know if that would work. But try it at your own caution yeah.

If I cancel my PC subscription now, which is a 3 months recurring payment, will my game pass remain active for the paid amount of time and Will it let me buy a new one after the cancellation? Sorry for the noob questions.

I think it will remain active for the paid amount of time, but I’m not particularly well versed in how it handles this conversion if there already was an existing sub. I’m sorry I’m ignorant :frowning: lol

Aah. Will have to check later on. Let me risk it if it works or not.

I took hours and hours of caution for this lol, and had to go to weird lengths to get some of my friends to help me with this and it worked out in the end. I think this deal will stay for at least a few days, no rush, take your time and see what ways you can maximize gamepass months. Some folks I saw got till 2023, maybe they had an existing sub. What I read was 36 months is max it’ll add over your existing amount of months.

@PCPrincipal

Fuck all of what I said. Here’s a GOAT explaining this on reddit

3 Likes

Seems clear to me, now.

I have to either discontinue my current GPU or create a new account for this, then to get the 8 x 4 = 32 deal.

1 Like

then there’s this guy who replied with this to the above. Honestly, this is a mess lol but this kinda shit is what will keep away the casuals from worrying about things like this that they’d rather just pay up (much like console players buying console instead of PC for convenience and ease of use reasons), we here gotta put in some extra effort and experiment to see what works and what doesn’t. It’s the same frustrations I have with emulation but still stick with it lol.

Honestly, I would just suggest new account at this point yeah, if you don’t care about progress or achievements. But I think there gotta be a way to change the account linking (where you have the xbox account but link it to another ms account and get the subscription length from there, but preserve the achievements and progress and such on the same xbox account).

I should bookmark this page probably.

My GPU ends late November and I will want to to the merge thing again.

1 Like

email is sacrosanct to progress in xbox. You can’t change it easily, yet. Same is the case for Steam.

thankfully, I have my achievements split wildly across different gaming endpoints - can start afresh.

1 Like

there’s this option on the xbox app. Could that do what I am talking about, where it’ll keep the xbox side the same, but change the MS account side.

This. I will have to check this out.