xCloud launching September 15th on Android, no iOS at launch, xCloud will have 100+ games via Game Pass Ultimate

Man, I was really hoping to get it on PC for launch :frowning:

Yeah I was going to to buy the Kishi but couldn’t go through with it at the current price. Will most likely play on my Surface Go anyway.

Effing Apple. I am an iOS only device user and I am pissed that it doesn’t launch for me in that scenario. What the f*** is going one here. Pissed now (virtually of course).

Basically, Apple and their walled garden, and Apple Arcade.

Yeah I know it is apple, see here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/google-stadia-nvidia-geforce-microsoft-xcloud-not-on-apple-ios

Stadia’s business model sucks absolutely, but I am not gonna pretend that just buying games outright is less preferable moving forward on any level because “well you don’t own digital games completely anyway”, I’d say it’s imperative that the option doesn’t go away throughout the existence of the service.

But the option won’t go away.

Wonder when the floodgates are going to open up on games that can stream from the cloud? I hope it does and does not end up like BC where select titles trickle in over years.

Does anyone know if we will be able to stream owned digital games? Or has there been no mention of this yet…

Is Apple blocking streaming apps on their App Store?

Must admit that the performance of xCloud has improved and has become more stable.

yes, read this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/google-stadia-nvidia-geforce-microsoft-xcloud-not-on-apple-ios

I hope. Sorry if this came off rather kneejerk because well, it kind of is as I believe Xcloud xclusively tied to gamepass ultimate with support of game pass only titles is an inferior service to Xcloud available as its own cheaper subscription with access to your digitally owned library of games that you can assure shall never go away, at least when it comes to third parties of course, Xcloud has no problem with first party games to begin with. Anyway, if all of my concerns are gonna be addressed down the line or have already been on some level, then I shall be the happiest customer!

Doesn’t seem to be the case yet.

1 Like

Well written article! But a shame it works like this to be honest.

I also read at the Xbox website that Samsung will be announcing something related to Game Pass as well tomorrow. Pre-installed Game Pass app with a month of free access?

Ok, this is a relief, let’s just hope it rolls in sooner than later. @Anthony2690 peep this for the answer to the question of yours (and mine)

1 Like

Hopefully in the future then :slight_smile:

Edit:Seen post above I was tagged in, great news!

Fantastic :)! That’s make me super happy, going to pass the information on to my brother as he asked me and it didn’t cross my mind, so I asked on here :smiley:

Well that’s it for me then. I’m gonna leave Apple behind after being deeply invested into their eco system for more than 20 years. When they refused to let Stadia happen on iOS it was annoying. But now that they continue with their stubborn approach towards streaming services I can only vote with my wallet. I’d love to keep my iPhone, iPad Pro and Apple Watch but I am not giving Apple anymore money if the think this kind of anti consumer bs is tolerable.