xCloud launching September 15th on Android, no iOS at launch, xCloud will have 100+ games via Game Pass Ultimate

3 Likes

There will be a couple of announcements from Kareem and others this week, so we should learn lots of details soon.

4 Likes

Android only, ugh.

And it looks like ā€œCloud Gaming with Game Pass Ultimateā€ is the official name? Why not just keep the ā€œxCloudā€ moniker?

2 Likes

I hope Australia is one of the 22 countries

But probably not :cry:

No iOS at launch is a shame. Only other tablet I have is a Fire HD. Wonder if thereā€™s some trickery to get it working on that.

2 Likes

Austria wohooo ā€¦ but no iOS support ā€¦ that hurts :cry:

1 Like

Cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will be available on Android devices in 22 markets at launch, including Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Nope. South Korea is the only non-North American/European country on the list.

Apple playing hardball most likely cause they have Apple Arcade

4 Likes

of course no brazil (one of Xbox biggest markets), thanks Philly.

Do we have the complete country list yet?

I mean I get why no iOS support - but this doesnā€™t help their message of ā€˜play games how you wantā€™. I only have iOS mobile devices. Come on Apple - work something out with Xbox hereā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s a beta on iOS. Clearly MS has intentions of bringing it to iOS, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s endless negotiations to be had and hoops they need to jump through to get there. Hopefully soon.

2 Likes

yep

Cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will be available on Android devices in 22 markets at launch, including Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Thank you!

All the details direct from source https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/cloud-gaming updating the link: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/04/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-cloud-gaming-on-september-15/

This will be interesting.

I love xCloud as an additive to a native gaming experience, but Iā€™d never want to play that way 100% of the time. Canā€™t wait to see how this does out in the real world as an actual product.

Shame about iOS, but Apple going to Apple I guess.

No Brazil is a shame. And I was sure Japan would be in the first release. Cmon Phil, thatā€™s the best shot to get more games from there!

Iā€™m expecting Japan and India to follow soon to be honest.

1 Like

The beta has one game. I believe that is the issue isnā€™t it? Apple doesnā€™t allow apps that are effectively their own storesā€¦since it competes with their own services. My concern is it might never come or take yearsā€¦