XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

Just finished Max Payne. +1 for me.

A bit repetitive and old in the tooth (this game is old enough to drink alcohol!) but good noir vibes and a very liberal save feature got me through it. I’ll start Max Payne 2 later today, and then probably MP3 when I’m done with that.

I swear, I’ll play more Xenoblade soon.

3 Likes

Outrigued takes second place!

Leaderboard - August 16th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +17.5
  2. @outrigued +15.5
  3. @Mort +14.5
  4. @PhantomFox +2.5
  5. @BadMoodJones +1
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
3 Likes

3 Likes

Mort gearing up!!! To add more games to his backlog!!! lol

Joking aside, this shit is a race!!!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Finished Max Payne 2. +1 for me.

From moment one, I was hooked. I really enjoyed this ride, from start to finish. Story was much more impactful, choice of music was quite tasteful, and there’s some very memorable levels/encounters. It’s a style of game we just don’t see these days - completely linear, no RPG elements, no collectibles, no upgrades…just you and some guns and time manipulation versus the worst the seedy underbelly has to offer.

Starting Max Payne 3 tonight.

In Chapter 4 of Xenoblade Chronicles 3, by the way.

3 Likes

Finished Sleeping Dogs. I had a lot of fun, this was really good! Good story, fun combat, decent sized open world and a very very very cool setting with interesting characters. The only negative was the driving which felt quite horrible, especially since I’m also playing FH5 atm haha. I got caught up in the main story fast, but I’ll for sure return to the main game later on to squeeze out a bit more of the side content.

I’ll tackle the DLC’s next, hope they’re good too!

That’s a +1 for me, @PhantomFox .

2 Likes

The driving basically feels like you’re drunk the entire time iirc. I wonder if my love for this game is what really made me into a huge Yakuza fan.

The Nightmare in North Point DLC is okay, but I did enjoy the Year of the Snake.

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope someday we see an actual sequel!

2 Likes

Yeah, the driving feels floaty and as if you are gliding around on soap. It takes some getting used to hehe.

I now understand what all the praise is about, this should’ve had multiple sequels by now. Really great game in most aspects, and the setting is super good.

More pork buns for the people!

2 Likes

Man, the competition between the first three is tense. Excited to see who comes out on top.

Leaderboard - August 19th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +17.5
  2. @outrigued +16.5
  3. @Mort +15.5
  4. @PhantomFox +2.5
  5. @BadMoodJones +1
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
4 Likes

Looks like I’ll be back to compete tomorrow. Just gotta finish this last game…

THEN YOU’RE ALL GOING DOWN!

Also, prepare for a long post at that point too… don’t worry, I’ll have the math taken care of.

3 Likes

Couldn’t sleep last night, so I played Crysis Remastered for 7 straight hours and finished it off. So that’s a +1.

I thought for sure I had played the original somewhere along the way, but I had no memory of it as I was playing the remaster so maybe not.

Good game, but definitely has a little jank to it (camera went crazy a few times, some objects having physics freak outs, etc.). I enjoyed the guns, shooting, and nanosuit mechanics.

Now that Outrigued and Mort have decided to make a run at the title I am regretting having bought three games in the last month or so. I could use those points now. Ha.

4 Likes

Like I said a while back, we should all watch out for the crazyperson coming from the rear…

2 Likes

You mean ProgStopper?

5 Likes

:phil_lmao:

2 Likes

One of my buddies interrupted my plans… so I might be getting 1.5 points today instead of 1.:wink::joy:

4 Likes

haha, funny times.

1 Like

And maybe I regret spending most of the year playing Game Pass stuff?

Oh well. Game on.

4 Likes

There has been a lot of distractions for sure. I most certainly did not plan to spend half the summer powerwashing things for example haha.

It’s fun to see everyone buckling up for the fall though, will be an epic fight to the end!

2 Likes

Finished Max Payne 3. +1 for me.

I liked it! Tonally, it’s very different. Gameplay-wise, too. It still earns its place in the series, though. Some clever Rockstar writing and a good soundtrack carry it. Maybe a little longer than it needed to be. But that’s Rockstar! :wink:

My series ranking is 2 3 1, I think. 2 is stellar. 1’s story didn’t really hook me. 3 is a decent mix of the two.

Will have another game or two done very soon.

Also, I’ll be playing a LOT of XC3 this week…oof.

4 Likes