XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

Yeah… I’m working on it!

3 Likes

Finished Hexologic, a math-puzzle game. Difficulty varied a bit, but I enjoy these things so it was fun. Got stuck a couple times, but there’s some good guides out there for those instances.

That’s a +1 @PhantomFox !

1 Like

Leaderboard - August 6th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +16.5
  2. @Mort +14
  3. @outrigued +12.5
  4. @PhantomFox +2.5
  5. @BadMoodJones +1
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
2 Likes

Holy shit!!! Mort is in second place?!?!?!?!?! The world is coming to an end!! lol

2 Likes

Banner Saga 3 done. +1 for me.

Pretty satisfied with the trilogy. I think I preferred parts 1 and 2 more than 3 but it’s still a good ending to everything, I’d say. The music was a little lacking in part 3, but there were some interesting melodic and harmonic differences - it’s more dissonant, but in a good way - and the art goes to some quite beautiful places. Very curious to see how Belfry turns out, having now played this trilogy from Stoic.

Going to shift focus to Xenoblade Chronicles 3 now, but I’ll have other stuff on the side so that I can keep pace with this challenge. :wink:

1 Like

Finished the Hot Wheels expansion for Forza Horizon 5! Very good expansion, racing on the Hot Wheels tracks is fun, and there’s some nice cars to be had as well. I have a couple of the more grindy achievements to get still, but I’ll keep playing this for a while so they’ll come over time. Much recommend!

That’s another 0.5 points pour moi, @PhantomFox !

1 Like

Hah, top 3 is about to be a bloodbath by the looks of it.

1 Like

Leaderboard - August 7th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +16.5
  2. @Mort +14.5
  3. @outrigued +13.5
  4. @PhantomFox +2.5
  5. @BadMoodJones +1
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
1 Like

“Slow” Game Pass months mean more time for my backlog!

Haha yeah.

Over the last few days I:

• Finished Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels. +0.5
  • Finished Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade DLC. +0.5
  • Pre-ordered Soul Hackers 2. -1

So, no net change, but at least buying Soul Hackers didn’t hurt my score…

Hot Wheels was great of course, but I was a bit disappointed that there were not more actual races. I was also annoyed that I had to keep getting stars on drift challenges to advance. I really stink at drifting so that was a pain.

FF7 Intergrade was fun and relatively short. I didn’t know anything about Yuffie before starting it. She was really cute and had fun combat. The only thing I really did not like was how they killed off the other major character in a pretty dumb way.

I am about 30-50% through a bunch of other games right now (Assassins Creed Revelations, Pillars of Eternity, Trails in the Sky, Ace Attorney Trilogy, and a few others I can’t think of right now) but they are all freaking long games. Not sure I’ll have time to finish any before Soul Hackers comes out.

3 Likes

Just finished Vanquish. + 1

What a game. Loved it. Can’t believe I had never played it before. I had started this game a year or two ago and bounced off it really early for some reason. I guess I just wasn’t in the right head space.

To be fair, I wasn’t paying much attention to the plot, as I was listening to podcasts the entire time I was playing - so I can’t comment much on the quality there. But the gunplay, movement, and all around action were fantastic. It’s easy to see why the game is revered.

I also had no idea this was a Shinji Mikami game until his name popped up during the end credits.

I have most of this weekend free, so I may manage to complete another short-ish game. Most of my fall gaming will be consumed with Soul Hackers 2 and Persona 5 Royal, so I need to squeeze another one or two games in before then.

3 Likes

Vanquish’s a dope game. There’s really nothing like it out there.

The plot’s pretty silly lol like most Platinum games. You didn’t miss much.

Same here, pretty much.

Leaderboard - August 13th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +17.5
  2. @Mort +14.5
  3. @outrigued +13.5
  4. @PhantomFox +2.5
  5. @BadMoodJones +1
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
4 Likes

Finished Saints Row The Third Remastered. +1 for me. Didn’t bother with any of the DLC.

I own the OG version on Steam but never got around to playing it. The remaster is free with Gold this weekend and with the new game coming out soon, this seemed like a good moment to try out the series.

I don’t think time has been kind to this. Even remastered for Series X, it feels like a 360 game, and not necessarily a great one. The humor is VERY of the time. Some solid musical choices, though. Kind of a buggy game, too. But, overall, I had a fun and absurd weekend of blowing stuff up.

NOW I’ll shift focus back to Xenoblade Chronicles 3, I promise.

@profjjj - glad you enjoyed Vanquish. It’s a bit one note but it’s a great one. I will be very curious to see how Bayonetta 3 does, as I feel like it’s a “prove yourself” moment for Platinum. As a big PG fan…it’s been a rough past few years.

3 Likes

I am very early into a playthrough of Saints Row 3 Remastered as well. Started it a few months ago, then got distracted by some other shiny thing. I plan on getting back to it eventually.

I started off trying to play Vanquish as basically a Gears clone - which is obviously not what was intended. Once I embraced sliding around and the bullet time mechanic it really took off.

I have Bayonetta in my backlog as well. Hopefully the third one lives up to the franchise’s reputation.

1 Like

Leaderboard - August 14th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +17.5
  2. @Mort +14.5
  3. @outrigued +14.5
  4. @PhantomFox +2.5
  5. @BadMoodJones +1
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Just finished Far Cry 4 tonight! Been years in the making….:sweat_smile:

Didn’t mind it, but like I’ve said previously, Ubisoft games usually aren’t my thing. It’s strange.

I think I’m just two more completions away from going postive/neutral… so expect an update from me very soon.:wink:

2 Likes

Fun game. Glad it has FPS Boost.

2 Likes