XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

I get it, kinda hard to compete without much of a backlog hehe. It’s nice to have people participating in the thread though so you should indeed stick around.

As for the competition, I have been sidetracked so damned much this year haha. After the next couple of games though I should be able to get back to the backlog proper. The Professor looks unbeatable but I will give him and Outriged a fight at least!

Wouldn’t write off some of the guys further down either, Crazy f.e is completing games at a super high pace, luckily they buy them almost as fast lol.

Now, I see some dirt and have to get back to powerwashing… :wink:

1 Like

If it wasn’t for Game Pass I’d probably be in the lead…

I have a plan for some catching up. Just need to make the time.

We still have several months to go!

@peter42O No worries, my dude - keep checking in! (What’s your current GOTY, by the way?)

3 Likes

My problem is I bought a Switch…… and bought a bunch of games on sale. Lmao

1 Like

Hahaha. Yeah, I still only have Cyberpunk 2077, The Lost Gods expansion for Immortals Fenyx Rising and the Intermission DLC for Final Fantasy VII Remake but otherwise, I have completed everything that I started thus far this generation. I’m not participating, im a bystander watching. lol

It’s a three way battle as of now but who knows, Crazy and others may surprise people these next few months. Will be interesting to see who comes out ahead though.

Yeah, I see a lot of people have been playing that. Enjoy!!!

I will. Definitely interested in seeing who wins.

Currently, it’s Dying Light 2 but I just started a replay of Horizon Forbidden West as they finally eliminated that shimmering in the 60fps performance mode and im playing on a custom difficulty level so I should have a far better experience than I had the first time playing.

Both will be in my top 3 of 2022 but I am expecting God of War Ragnarok to be my 2022 game of the year when all is said and done but we’ll see.

1 Like

I was planning on using the summer to extend my lead, but it hasn’t worked out that way. Work has been busy and my adult son has been on an extended visit after being out of the country for a year. I haven’t had nearly the free time for gaming I thought I would. Still managed to knock out a few games the last couple of months though.

2 Likes

Cool. I enjoyed HFW. Not quite GOTY material for me but I am glad people have enjoyed it. I wonder if it’ll get DLC? I hope the sequel/end to the trilogy is better. Haven’t played DL2 yet. Heard good things, though! My current GOTY is probably still Elden Ring. Looking forward to a few titles this fall, including GoW Ragnarok.

1 Like

I’m definitely expecting an expansion for HFW in early 2023. Wouldn’t be shocked to see it get revealed at the rumored PlayStation Showcase in September. And it seems that two actors were back doing some motion capture recently.

Love Dying Light 2!!! Best melee combat that I have ever played in a first person game surpassing my previous best in Dishonored 2.

Elden Ring definitely isn’t for me. lol. I have 7 games between August 4th and December 2nd that im looking forward to including GOWR which I mentioned earlier.

Maybe its a HZD Remake…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind a remake with different character.

:phil_lmao:

Hahaha. Funny.

Alright, if you’re sure about it. Feel free to join again if you want. And yeah, very interested to see how the rankings play out by the end!

3 Likes

Finished Spec Ops: The Line yesterday and gotta say, while the combat didn’t age the finest, the story is quite haunting. Might be one I come back to for the 100%.

Still playing through tales of Arise. I know I’m in the second half of it, so hoping I can wrap it up before Digimon Survive releases on Friday.

Looks like I’m on track to go positive by the end of August (maybe sooner) so we’ll see. Not sure if I’ll make it to the top 3, but I promise I’ll at least scare you all a bit.:wink::joy:

1 Like

Spec Ops is a cool one. I’m surprised we haven’t seen more games like it since, but I don’t think it sold very well, and obviously, narrative risks like that are hard to pull off. I believe Sony has hired the lead writer of that game.

Finished the Hot Wheels DLC for Forza Horizon 5. It’s great. I don’t care for some of the progression choices, but I still had a smile on my face most of the time. Very inventive and creative track design. You can tell the team had fun making it. +0.5 for me.

Might have another game to add here later today. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Leaderboard - July 28th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +16.5
  2. @Mort +13
  3. @outrigued +11.5
  4. @PhantomFox +2.5
  5. @BadMoodJones +1
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
3 Likes

Finished The Banner Saga (Part 1). +1 for me.

This is a game from Stoic, who is (allegedly) working on Project Belfry for XGSP.

Absolutely beautiful artwork, and a great Austin Wintory soundtrack. Gameplay is a mix of The Oregon Trail and something a bit more basic than Fire Emblem. It has its rough spots - the menus aren’t great and the combat is pretty barebones - but there’s something impactful there underneath it all. Will be playing the other parts of the trilogy in the coming months.

Picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I’ve played 1, 2, and Torna, so at this point, I’m committed to the nonsense. I am by no means a devout fan of the series so do not expect a flattering review of the game from me. -1 for me, so, no change.

Planning to finish up some other stuff on the side soon. 5 months left. The challenge is still wide open!

2 Likes

The Banner Saga trilogy is superb!

Have ignored Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for the past few days…5 hours in and the game is still pretty boring.

So, instead…I binged The Banner Saga 2. Just finished it this morning. Really enjoyed this one. These games still have jank/problems but I’m pretty interested in what they’re doing. And yet another great OST from Austin Wintory. +1 for me.

Will be starting Banner Saga 3 later today. Expect me to finish it within the next few days.

2 Likes

I own all the Banner Saga games on Steam, but have never finished any of them. Need to get around to that one of these days.

I haven’t earned any points lately, but I have recently finished the campaign for Power Wash simulator and (finally) finished Jedi Fallen Order. Both great games.

The first time I tried to play Jedi I bounced off it pretty quick. The Souls-like combat and respawning enemies pretty much kicked my butt. Decided to try it again a few days ago after beating Elden Ring earlier this year. This time I sailed through it. So, I guess you can teach an old dog a new trick or two. Ha.

Edit: Beat both those games on Game Pass, so no points for me.

1 Like

Nice, I’ve been pretty interested in playing The Banner Saga ever since the Belfrey news. I’ll pick it up one day.

Pretty close to taking 2nd place, better watch out @Mort

Leaderboard - August 4th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +16.5
  2. @Mort +13
  3. @outrigued +12.5
  4. @PhantomFox +2.5
  5. @BadMoodJones +1
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @watgreatgaming -1