XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

The leader gets bogged down in long ass JRPG’s?

2 Likes

06/08/2022:

1. @profjjj +16.5
  2. @Mort +11
  3. @outrigued +9
  4. @BadMoodJones +1
  5. @PhantomFox +0.5
  6. @ProgStopper 0
  7. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  8. @peter42O -1
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
1 Like

Fricking finally able to get a point. Finished Arkham Knight last night on my VCR Xbox One. +1 Didn’t 100% it but rules state I don’t need to. (Riddler trophy ptsd) Cheers.

4 Likes

Nice! Updated the previous post.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Welp, couldn’t help myself. Bought a bunch of games from the Deals Unlocked sale. Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mega Man 11, and Child of Light. -3, that puts me at last place.

06/15/2022:

1. @profjjj +16.5
  2. @Mort +11
  3. @outrigued +9
  4. @BadMoodJones +1
  5. @ProgStopper 0
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @peter42O -1
  8. @watgreatgaming -1
  9. @PhantomFox -1.5
3 Likes

2 Likes

Ok, finished SteamWorld Dig 2, so that’s a +1. Really nice game, enjoyed the mining and metroidvania aspects.

3 Likes

Well, I wanted something quick before I tackle the next game so I dug into the backlog and found Storm Boy. A very quick and easy completion but it was a nice little story. Beutiful, sweet and sad. Liked it!

That’s a +1, @PhantomFox !

3 Likes

06/15/2022:

1. @profjjj +16.5
  2. @Mort +12
  3. @outrigued +9
  4. @BadMoodJones +1
  5. @ProgStopper 0
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @peter42O -1
  8. @watgreatgaming -1
  9. @PhantomFox -1.5
2 Likes

Holy shit!!!

Mort is in second place. The world is coming to an end. lol

Joking aside, congratulations Mort. A few months ago, I said that profjjj was going to run away with this challenge but nope, we’re having a competition!!!

4 Likes
  • Just finished Trails of Cold Steel 2. +1
  • But I also just bought the last two games of the Trails in the Sky series after realizing I only owned the first one. -2
  • So that’s a net -1 for me.

I enjoyed Cold Steel 2, but probably not quite as much as the first one. Part of that is probably due to playing them back to back with no break, but part is that some of the plot devices/tropes really started wearing on me after showing up multiple times. Another part is that the game JUST WOULD NOT END. Ha.

Light spoilers coming. I thought the end of Act 2 would be a natural conclusion for the game. But no, after Act 2 comes the Finale. Surely that’s the end right? No. After the Finale comes the perspective shift with the two Crossbell characters (who I had never seen before having not played the Crossbell games). Still not the end. Now we go back to the school for the Epilogue. It was nice to go back to the school for a bit, but the Epilogue ends with a massive dungeon which seemingly has the sole purpose of letting players grind to get ready for New Game +. I’m sure when the game released fans were thrilled to see the Crossbell characters and happy for that last dungeon, but by that point I was REALLY ready to roll the credits.

I am definitely going to take a JRPG break before going back to Trails in the Sky. I’m also going to take a break from gaming for at least a few days. The Cold Steel games have consumed every moment of my free time for the last four weeks or so. I need to do some other things for a bit.

2 Likes

The backlog is shrinking! It might not be noticeable outside of an electron microscope but you know… :wink:

Yeah, taking a month or two off is a good idea. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hahaha. Slowly but surely.

2 Likes

06/17/2022:

1. @profjjj +15.5
  2. @Mort +12
  3. @outrigued +9
  4. @BadMoodJones +1
  5. @ProgStopper 0
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @peter42O -1
  8. @watgreatgaming -1
  9. @PhantomFox -1.5
3 Likes

I should be back to 0 next week some time once I complete Alan Wake Remastered. Went through chapter one yesterday. Four more chapters to go.

3 Likes

Ok so I am finally getting around to it. I am going to start FF13 thru Returns. Only played FF7 so this is all pretty new to me. If anyone has tips, shoot them my way. Really excited to play this. The gaming heavens SHOOK when this came out on 360 back in the day.

2 Likes

FF13: You have to use the paradigma system. It’s essential so try to understand it as soon as possible.

13-2: Chichu and almost every Chocobo are very good monsters to have in your team. The story bridge to Lighting Returns is behind a paid DLC.

Lightning Returns: Don’t be annoyed if your time runs it. You can farm time if necessary. The Cloud DLC is a very good costume to use and can help in the early game, but you have to buy it with cash.

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank You. I bought the DLC which was only a $1. Funny…it still has these old symbols. Blast from the past:

2 Likes

At this rate, I might go neutral by the end of July… maybe. lol

I shall have my vengeance, I swear!

3 Likes