XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

I kinda wish Kinect was compatible with the Series consoles. Would probably throw Alien Isolation to the top of my backlog and have some fun with that. haha

I… don’t think I could play that game. haha

1 Like

Happened to be lurking on the forum, procrastinating. I usually see posts pretty quick but don’t update until later in case someone puts in their points at around the same time. Don’t wanna spam people with notifications and whatnot.

From what I’ve heard, the alien can detect you through sound via Kinect. Scary. Means a fart could probably get you killed, lol.

1 Like

Aha, very thoughtful of you :wink:

2 Likes

I once had a roommate call my name while I was hiding in a locker in-game (the alien was further down a hallway away from the locker room). When my buddy called for me immediately the Alien screamed and ran right for me.

It was a moment, for sure. Lol

3 Likes

I finished the first DLC for Immortals Fenix Rising (A New God) last week. +0.5

I was trying to hold off on submitting it until I had more than a half point, but I have been too busy to play anything this week and I was afraid I would forget about it by the time I earn some more points…

The DLC is a big collection of challenges (and some collectibles) without any real overworld exploration or combat. So, if you enjoyed the puzzles/challenges from the base game you will probably like it. I finished it in about 12 hours without doing any of the collectible stuff so there is a decent amount of content there.

I have started both of the other Fenix DLCs, but not sure if I will finish them anytime soon (or ever). Fenix is not the main character in either so they aren’t quite as compelling for me as they might have been otherwise.

2 Likes

Nice, I have the game and DLC in my backlog as well hehe.

2 Likes

05/13/2022:

1. @profjjj +13.5
  2. @outrigued +9
  3. @Mort +8.5
  4. @PhantomFox +0.5
  5. @ProgStopper 0
  6. @BadMoodJones 0
  7. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  8. @peter42O -1
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
1 Like

Work has been kicking my butt lately. I posted a few days ago that I had not even turned my Xbox on all week - which was true. But shortly after posting that I decided to take a 3-day weekend and no-life some games.

So, I have now finished Soma and Final Fantasy VII Remake. + 2

I don’t really like scary games, so Soma was a bit of a stretch for me. But it has an option that keeps the monsters from killing you - basically turning it into an atmospheric narrative and puzzle game, which is how I played it. It is definitely creepy, but the sci-fi story was compelling enough for me to see it through to the end. Overall, I enjoyed it but was not as blown away as I thought I might be given some of the reviews/endorsements I had received for the game.

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy VII, but it has some issues that kept it from being really great for me. Still a solid 8+, but nowhere near a 10. My main issues were:

• The game is maddeningly linear, with only 2 or 3 short side quest sections where you have any freedom at all.
  • There are a lot of cut scenes. I mean a lot. They were almost all good, but at times the game feels like you are watching more than playing. (For context, I replayed the first 3 chapters after finishing the game in New Game+. I skipped all the cut scenes and fast forwarded as much dialogue as I could. Those three chapters took me about 30 minutes. They probably took 4 or 5 hours the first time through…).
  • The last couple of chapters just go on and on. I think there was probably 4 or 5 times I thought the game came to a natural “end point” but it just kept going.
  • I found the last hour or so of the game basically incomprehensible from a story perspective. Everything in the story had been fine up to that point, but then it kind of went nuts. I won’t say anything else for fear of getting into spoilers. I will just say I thought the ending was a mess.

Overall, two very enjoyable games, but neither was a homerun for me.

1 Like