XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

Not to be that guy, but Outriged should be at 8 still right?

2 Likes

Itā€™s not really gone. In fact, thereā€™s a few twists in Forbidden West and it leans heavily into sci-fi story wise.

I still need to finish HZD. I think I got about 40% through a few years ago, but I have forgotten almost everything about it. Iā€™ll have to start from scratch if I want to finish it.

My gaming ADHD has kicked in hard the last couple of weeks. I have about 6 or 7 games that I am 25-30% through. I need to bite the bullet and pick one to focus on.

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s good to hear! Iā€™m a sucker for that kind of mysteries :wink:

Itā€™s a mystery very few would see coming.

Itā€™s a good game. Far Cry with a more interesting story and enemies.

Yeah, itā€™s easy to get sidetracked with lots of gamesā€¦ I have to follow my plans or I wouldnā€™t get anywhere on the backlog.

1 Like

Whoops, my bad. For some reason I thought I already gave the -1 for HFW. Fixed.

1 Like

Iā€™ll say this - if you didnā€™t care for HZD, then HFW wonā€™t change your mind much. Itā€™s pretty similar.

Some people thought HZD was a masterpieceā€¦I thought it was just pretty good. I think HFW is a little better, but it also loses that ā€œnew IPā€ boost, so Iā€™d probably give them pretty similar scores.

Dunkeyā€™s video a few weeks ago ended with a quote that Iā€™ll paraphrase - ā€œitā€™s a market-tested, risk-averse product that most people will enjoy, but only a few will truly love or despiseā€ - and Iā€™d say I fall into camp #1. It was a great game to play while listening to podcasts.

That said, I hope we see more games like this from Microsoft - big, blockbuster AAA single-player games with a lot of production quality.

edit - itā€™s still a little buggy, FYI

4 Likes

Finished Boxboy and Boxgirl. +1 for me.

Cute little puzzle platformer series. Originally started on the 3DS. Iā€™m glad Nintendo is continuing to release them! My favorite Nintendo stuff tends to be their weirder projects, and though this isnā€™t particularly weird, itā€™s certainly more obscure than a lot of their standard fare. (If youā€™re interested you should probably grab those older titles soon before the eShop shuts down.)

Expect another completion or two from me in the coming days.

Thinking of buying Rogue Legacy 2. Will keep you updated.

1 Like

Just finished LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga myself!

04/30/2022:

1. @profjjj +13
  2. @outrigued +9
  3. @Mort +7.5
  4. @PhantomFox +0.5
  5. @ProgStopper 0
  6. @BadMoodJones 0
  7. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  8. @peter42O -1
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
4 Likes

Back in the black!

How was it?

2 Likes

Had a lot of fun with it. My only main gripe is that a bunch of the levels can feel way too short, especially when compared to previous LEGO games, but at the same time there are 45 levels in total, so I can understand why. And anyway, the stellar hub-worlds make up for it. There are a TON of planets in the game, with no shortage of collectibles and characters. Prequels couldā€™ve gotten more love though. :frowning:

Gonna continue playing for a bit to unlock a bunch more in the game.

2 Likes

Sounds fun thoughā€¦ Iā€™m very tempted haha.

I literally have ten or so Lego games in my backlog, so I am not tempted at all by the Skywalker Saga right now. Ha.

1 Like

Hehe yeah, I have a few too. But no Star Warsā€¦

Maybe I should bump one of those up the list to scratch that itch instead, hehe.

1 Like

Well, it sure looks like the backlogging will continue for quite some time! No need to halt in November :wink:

So, I just finished Dead Space. Great game! I donā€™t play much horror games, mainly because I scare very easily - a side effect of being able to fully immerse myself in things I guess. But, I am a sucker for sci-fi and wanted to challenge myself and Iā€™m very glad I did! I jumped, I got sweaty palms and I even screamed like a little schoolboy a couple times in the middle of the night which in turn scared my cats, my partner and probably a few neighborsā€¦ But it was worth it!

Now I have to cleanse the palette with something before I tackle the sequelā€¦

Thatā€™s a +1 , @PhantomFox !

4 Likes

05/12/2022:

1. @profjjj +13
  2. @outrigued +9
  3. @Mort +8.5
  4. @PhantomFox +0.5
  5. @ProgStopper 0
  6. @BadMoodJones 0
  7. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  8. @peter42O -1
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
3 Likes

That was fast, lol.

1 Like

Ahā€¦ one of my favorites.

The staircase sequence freaked me the fuck out the first time. Will never forget it.:joy:

I am now deathly afraid of elevators. I noticed the other day when riding one irl that I tensed up as the doors opened, and closed haha.

1 Like