XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

You pretty much mirror my thoughts on the game exactly! I bought it late last year in the hopes for something fun, and the game delivered just that. Hilarious dialogue and a great story. The combat was a bit repetitive but I thought it was pretty fun regardless. Pretty satisfactory length too, but man, I was honestly kinda sad when I finished the game. That’s how good it is. Like you said, it reminded me of why I’m into gaming in the first place. Would love to see more games like it in the future.

Anyway, just bought LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. That puts me at -0.5. :grimacing:

04/05/2022:

1. @profjjj +12
  2. @outrigued +8
  3. @Mort +5
  4. @ProgStopper 0
  5. @BadMoodJones 0
  6. @peter42O 0
  7. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  8. @PhantomFox -0.5
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
2 Likes

Yes! It was one of those games where you just don’t want it to be over, I could’ve jumped right into a sequel there hehe.

I’m also contemplating buying The Skywalker Saga but I’m gonna wait I think…

2 Likes

Hopefully more people give it a shot via Game Pass. (And maybe even MS looks to partner with Eidos on more stuff?!?)

Glad you enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope MS buys Squares western division tbh. Both Crystal Dynamics and Eidos are great studios, stuck with the muppets at SE.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Bought Kirby and the Forgotten Land earlier this week. -1 for me.

Just beat it. +1 for me.

It’s good! I wish it ran better, but it’s not a constant problem. If you’re just going to play the main campaign, I’m not sure it’s worth the full $60, but everyone draws that line differently. Looks like it has a fairly big postgame section to it. I suppose that could make the $60 pill easier to swallow for some. (I was able to pick it up for $40 thanks to coupons and such.)

Going to knock out a few shorter games these next few days, so expect more posts from me. I’m catching up @profjjj!

3 Likes

Just beat Immortals Fenyx Rising. +1

I loved almost everything about this game - thought it was a bit too long but otherwise really great. I thought I might go for a 1000 gamerscore on it, but I ran into a glitch that made completing one of the optional puzzles impossible - so that nixed that idea. That was the only bug I encountered in my 50ish hours of play time.

I still have all three DLCs to get through, so I may be adding some points for them somewhere down the road, but I think I’m ready for a change of pace for a bit.

3 Likes

Purchased Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands about ten days ago. -1

Completed Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands a few minutes ago. +1

Overall - 0

3 Likes

04/17/2022:

1. @profjjj +13
  2. @outrigued +8
  3. @Mort +5
  4. @ProgStopper 0
  5. @BadMoodJones 0
  6. @peter42O 0
  7. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  8. @PhantomFox -0.5
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
2 Likes

Purchased Alan Wake Remastered. -1

Overall: -1

3 Likes

Finished Spider-Man on the PS4!

Good game, but a bit too much busywork outside the story (even for me as a Ubisoft-fan!) which felt a bit forced. The main story, and side quests, was good for the most part even though there was a bit of unnecessary padding in there too. Didn’t care much for the MJ/Miles missions which got old fast after the first ones. The story was kind of what I expected, and it was fun to swing around for a bit, even though fast travel soon became a friend… Combat was good, but very samey after a while even though I tried to change equipment a lot.

I would rate this at about an 8/10, GotG was a lot better for me both in the super hero genre and as an action game.

Now I have all three DLC to dive into as well for those sweet points so I’m not done yet with Spidey! :wink:

+1 for now, @PhantomFox !

3 Likes

04/20/2022:

1. @profjjj +13
  2. @outrigued +8
  3. @Mort +6
  4. @ProgStopper 0
  5. @BadMoodJones 0
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @PhantomFox -0.5
  8. @peter42O -1
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
3 Likes

Here we go! Finally done with all the DLC’s for Spider-Man.

The Heist: This was great, Black Cat is a great character and she had some great interactions with Spidey. Story was really good, and I liked how side missions tied into it. Overall the character developments really added to the feeling, MJ and Peter, Yuri and the little snippets of Miles in the background; all makes it feel alive. I really liked this, and it was the best of the DLC. 8/10

Turf Wars: Here it starts to escalate a bit, and Hammerhead is taking the stage. A so-so villain for a so-so DLC I’d say… It makes sense, but it’s very one dimensional. Luckily there’s some cool areas and good fights to be had and the character developments on the side and main stage continues which I liked. However, weakest of the bunch at a 7/10.

Silver Lining: Another good one, and once again a great character with the return of Silver Sable. Spider-Man really shines when he gets to interact with and play off of other good characters. Also, side mission with character developments again which albeit it small still adds a lot to the overall immersion. Good fights, and it was a satisfying conclusion. 8/10.

Overall very good DLC’s, with great characters, cool new areas, a few new gameplay things and a good story. I also like how they set up Miles for the next game! looking forward to playing that one rather soon I think. On the negative side we have one thing that returns for every DLC: Screwball. I really hate that character, it has to be one of the worst villains ever? Incredibly annoying, dumb and feels forced. The challenges are ok-ish I guess, but I find things like that rather boring and consider it padding at best in most games, in this with Screwball it’s horrible to go through.

Well that should set me up with a whopping +1.5 points @PhantomFox !

2 Likes

I might be the one person in history who liked Screwball. I think cause she’s voiced by the main voice actress from Sunset Overdrive and I liked her work in that, and I enjoyed her “meant to be hated” schtick.

Probably, haha.

There’s “annoying” and then there’s “so annoying that I want to play something else”… She falls in the latter category for sure for me. Horrible! And it’s not just the annoying persona, as a villain it just feels forced which makes it worse.

So I know I said I’d be working through a few quicker games…turns out that was a lie.

A few weeks ago, I bought Horizon Forbidden West. -1 for me.

Today, I rolled credits on it, and got the platinum. +1 for me.

@PhantomFox

Overall, it’s a pretty good game! High production values, for sure. Not quite enough different from HZD for my tastes, but I know some people enjoyed that game more than me. Easy 8.5 for me.

So, NOW you should expect a bit more frequent updates from me as I shift focus to smaller games!

4 Likes

My backlog is such a mess now since I bought the Switch. Might just be easier for me to just send an update when I go neutral.:joy:

1 Like

Top 3’s looking pretty competitive. Wonder how it’ll play out. As for me, I’m taking my time, but I should be able to get a few points soon.

04/27/2022:

1. @profjjj +13
  2. @outrigued +8
  3. @Mort +7.5
  4. @ProgStopper 0
  5. @BadMoodJones 0
  6. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  7. @PhantomFox -0.5
  8. @peter42O -1
  9. @watgreatgaming -1

What I really liked about HZD was unravelling the mystery of wtf happened before the apocalypse, I wonder how the sequel is when that element is kinda gone?