XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

Just beat Elden Ring. +1

OMG the Elden Beast drove me nuts. I still haven’t beaten Malenia (after 20 or so tries), but I am definitely ready for a change of pace after 125 hours of nail biting boss battles. No joke, I had to stop playing the other night because my blood pressure was sky high.

I think I need to play something turn based or point and click now.

Great, great game. Unfortunately, now that I have beaten Elden Ring my son is nagging me to play all the other souls-likes…

3 Likes

Finished Telling Lies. +1 for me.

It’s good. I preferred Her Story, Sam Barlow’s previous game, but it’s still worth trying. (Telling Lies is on Game Pass! I own it on mobile, though.)

Indie games are so cool. Constantly inventing new genres and game mechanics. It’s so great to see. Also, shout out to Annapurna for publishing this one.

3 Likes

Nice! I just finished that one too, liked it. Played via GP though.

03/23/2022:

1. @profjjj +11
  2. @outrigued +7
  3. @Mort +3
  4. @ProgStopper 0
  5. @PhantomFox
  6. @BadMoodJones
  7. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  8. @peter42O -1
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
3 Likes

Completed Horizon Forbidden West so im back to being even at 0.

2 Likes

Finished Crysis 3! Decent game, wrapped the trilogy up in a fair way. Gameplay was good, story was a bit so-so even though it made sense I guess. The bow was fun, and I liked the very large missions. I would say it’s the second best game in the trilogy; Crysis 2 > Crysis 3 > Crysis.

It was nice to finally get around to playing these games, classics after all. My Series X could indeed run Crysis :wink:

+1 if you please, Mr. @PhantomFox

1 Like

03/25/2022:

1. @profjjj +11
  2. @outrigued +7
  3. @Mort +4
  4. @ProgStopper 0
  5. @PhantomFox 0
  6. @BadMoodJones 0
  7. @peter42O 0
  8. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
1 Like

Have you posted your thoughts on the game somewhere?

Just posted my “review” in the HFW OT. You can’t miss it. No story spoilers.

2 Likes

Great, I was also looking for your opinion on it haha.

1 Like

Finished the Doom Eternal Ancient Gods DLC Part 1. +0.5 for me

Amazing. Simply amazing. I would put Id Software up there with From Software as true masters of their craft.

Will try to finish Part 2 this weekend. (Yes, they are separate things, so they each count as 0.5. Credits roll when you finish it. And, it’s harder than a normal game.)

2 Likes

Is it as hard as people say?

It’s harder than the base game, for sure.

1 Like

Nice, I haven’t played it yet but it looks good.

Just finished Doom Eternal DLC Part 2. +0.5 for me. That should take me up to +8, @PhantomFox.

Please play these DLCs, kids. Support Id’s work!

Looking forward to seeing whatever they’re cooking next.

4 Likes

Guys, I actually did something. Finished the Kaito Files DLC for Lost Judgment, so +0.5. It was quite fun. No longer at 0!

04/03/2022:

1. @profjjj +11
  2. @outrigued +8
  3. @Mort +4
  4. @PhantomFox +0.5
  5. @ProgStopper 0
  6. @BadMoodJones 0
  7. @peter42O 0
  8. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
4 Likes

Yay! Gratz.

1 Like

Just finished the main campaign of Fallout 4. +1

Oddly enough I had finished both DLCs long ago, but never got around to finishing the main game. I think I probably chose the “worst” path, since the Brotherhood of Steel sent me on a killing spree of lots of the folks I had worked with previously. But at least I purged the Commonwealth of The Institute and all their evil synths…

2 Likes

04/05/2022:

1. @profjjj +12
  2. @outrigued +8
  3. @Mort +4
  4. @PhantomFox +0.5
  5. @ProgStopper 0
  6. @BadMoodJones 0
  7. @peter42O 0
  8. @NierlyCrazy -0.5
  9. @watgreatgaming -1
1 Like

Finished Guardians of the Galaxy. What a game! This was an excellent action adventure with great characters, great and funny dialogue, awesome music and fun gameplay. I must say, I really didn’t think it would be this good. I had so much fun playing through it and it was one of those games that reminded me of why I love video games.

It was surprisingly long, and the story took a lot of twists and turns which fit very well with the crazy world. I am not a huge Marvel fan, I think most movies are pretty bad and I don’t like most of the super heroes but GotG is so damn over the top and it just works, both as movies and as video games. It’s funny how my favourites are on either end of the scale; either the more grounded stuff like Netflix Marvel shows or the over the top crazy stuff in space like GotG. :wink: The pyjama-parties in between is kinda meh.

There were a few negatives, it lacked a little bit of enemy variety here and there and some parts was a bit repetitive but it was minor stuff.

Overall a 9/10 game, flarking great!

+1 for me, @PhantomFox !

4 Likes