XboxERA's 2021 Backlog Challenge. Are you Game Enough?

Hmmm…

If it has new content in a new version, then yes.

If it’s a straight port than no.

It’s 99% a port with like an extra hour of stuff.

Hmmmm…

I don’t know…

That extra hour IS new content.

I may need to summon the others.

@PhantomFox @Mort We have a game with an hour of new content for a port from 3DS to Switch. The new content makes it an enhanced version of a game DeoGame already played and completed. He wants it mark it zero instead of -1 because he played the 3DS version, but the Switch version has an hour of new content not on the 3DS version, making it new.

Your thoughts?

1 Like

I have always looked at complete/definitive/ultimate editions as remasters. Same as what you’ve already played but better looking. I would only count a game if it’s a remake like RE 2 / RE 3 because they’re completely different.

For example, if you already completed the Mass Effect games two generations ago and replay them again via the Legendary Edition, it doesn’t count because you already completed them. They simply just look better.

1 Like

I say that it shouldn’t count as part of the backlog. An hour of new content is trivial enough to the point that it’s basically the same game.

1 Like

Looks like I’m getting outvoted then.

1 Like

@DeoGame

The council has decided your fate. The hour of extra content has been declared to be trivial. Therefore, your purchase of the Switch Version has been ruled to be a 0 in your points column. However, since you beat it, beating it again will gain your zero points.

1 Like

Makes sense. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Dang, I was about to be excited to get my count to 5 but then I realized Hitman 3 wouldn’t count since a friend gifted me the code. Still in the lead by quite a bit though, you guys gotta step it up! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’M TRYING BUT EVERYTHING I’M PLAYING IS SO LONG :sob:

I’m working on Hitman 2 (via 3), Hitman 3, AC: Valhalla, Days Gone and more.

It’s all so long!

Once Hit2 and Hit3 are done, I’m going burn through short-titles to put some points on the board and take a commanding lead.

Telltale Game Backlog Here I come :imp:

2 Likes

Probably gonna be slowing down now, don’t have many short games in my backlog. Some games that are next on my list are:

• Control: Ultimate Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami (Game Pass so doesn’t count)
  • Vanquish
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2 (also Game Pass)
  • Tomb Raider
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • NieR Automata

That’s a fucking hefty list.

Nier gonna last you a good long while. (You have to beat the game several times to ACTUALLY beat the game).

You about to be slow.

Yep, I’m well aware. And when all the new stuff starts coming I ain’t gonna be making any progress whatsoever. :pensive:

I already have MLB 21 The Show, Nier Replicant, Very Tall Vampire Mommy GF 8 and Far Cry 6 on my list of purchases for April/May. I gotta have at least 4 net points on the board by then or I’m SCREWEEEEDDDDDD.

I’ve got Judgment and Biomutant for my April/May purchases, and Tales of Arise, Scarlet Nexus, CrossfireX, Gotham Knights, and Endless Dungeon whenever those come out. And then, of course, there’s all the day one Game Pass stuff.

Lol this is an impossible task,

Backlog as of January 4th -

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Gears 5: Hivebusters expansion (game pass)
  • Gears Tactics (game pass)
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Marvel’s Spider Man: Miles Morales
  • Watch Dogs Legion

As of February 1st -

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Gears Tactics
  • Marvel’s Spider Man: Miles Morales

Completed the Gears 5: Hivebusters expansion, Watch Dogs Legion and Immortals Fenyx Rising last week. Currently playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla which appears to be my game for the entire month of February as it’s massive. I have no new releases until the recently delayed Outriders on April 1st so I should be all evened out by then in regards to games on Xbox Series X. Looking to buy PlayStation 5 in the Spring and once I do, I’ll play Miles Morales and wrap that up as well.

Don’t mind me, I’m still playing Cyberpunk…

Well shit, I accidentally beat the story of Days Gone. Saw the credits and everything. There’s a small epilogue and I have to 100% for the secret ending, so I’m going to keep playing, but since the final music played and the credits roll I’m guess I’m counting that one. Didn’t even mean to do it, I thought I had more time before the ending. Oh well.

I’m on the board!

@PhantomFox 4

@DeoGame 1

@ProgStopper: 1

@Mort 0

Wondering if I should do a couple of the more “meh” PS exclusives I had lined up like Detroit, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain and etc before I start playing the better stuff.

But Miles Morales is right there and I’m in a total marvel mood, so IDK.