XboxEra’s 2023 Backlog Challenge |OT| Third Time's the Charm... Right?

Finally finished Persona 5 Royal, first +1 of the year! Such a great game, the 3rd semester content in particular is probably some of my favorite stuff in gaming.

If you got them for free, then no.

If you own the game, then I’d count it, personally.

@outrigued was the winner last year!

Xbox Era’s 2023 Backlog Challenge - Leaderboard

January 7th, 2023:

1. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos: +1.5
  2. @profjjj: +1
  3. @PhantomFox: +1
  4. @Mort: 0
  5. @Searsy82: 0
  6. @MasterLeePhD: 0

I have never done it, but apparently it’s easy to do with the dock.

1 Like

Epic giveaways don’t count IMO. Same with emulation. The goal here is to reduce your backlog that you personally have sunk cost into. This is why Game Pass games don’t count either.

I was last year’s winner!

3 Likes

This, yeah.

1 Like

Awesome!! Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it, yeah that make sense e.e

Now that I have completed Zombie on PC (previously known as the masterpiece ZOMBIEU) that’s another point to me +2!

3 Likes

Alright, I’m calling it a done deal on Vampire Survivors. Didn’t unlock absolutely everything, but I beat the boss and have played through all the levels. Put in 36 hours.

3 Likes

South Park: Stick of Truth (360) completion done! Only played about 3 hours back in 2014 and just about a decade later it can be removed from my Backlog. Fantastic game! And I totally forgot it was developed by Obsidian Entertainment.

Still blows my mind on what they get away with :rofl:

+1 for me and on to the next.

4 Likes

Obsidian :muscle:

1 Like

Wait! Had no idea I was speaking with a legend!

How many games did you managed to complete?

And I’ve just realized that I wont see an Overlord 3 (now that codemaster is part o EA the IP ist deader than dead) and Zombie 2, which its firts part had a lot of potential to build on and I got sad :c

Did you enjoyed it? I bought the DLC when ir released and just when I was about to uninstall it the game managed to get me again. (Would completing the DLC count for this challenge? :thinking: )

It is a fantastic game, sadle the sequel isnt that good (I think it wasnt made by Obsidian so thag would explain it)

2 Likes

My last question guys. So I added to my steam Libray a couple of free games a couple of years ago, like helltaker:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289310/Helltaker/%3Fl%3Dspanish&ved=2ahUKEwjZhMDj87_8AhV5QzABHTx_DeMQFnoECE0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw37OuJqevRnmtQweUEdEPrx

Would games like this count for the challenge or it is strictly only games I bought?

Same question with the season pass 2 from halo infinite, bought it last year but havent started it yet e.e1

Yeah Vampire survivors rules. I’m probably not done with it forever, but Its just time to move on to something else.

Im now about half way through Modern Warfare II on Veteran.

1 Like

I only count games I paid money for. Im absurdly thankful that the xbox library separates games you paid money for and free ones. I dont even count my Steam Library as my backlog, I own like 1250 games on steam, that is a lost cause.

2 Likes

Yeah its one of thosr games where it consumes a lot of your time if you get too hooked with it and wont let you play other things or dedicate more times to.other games.

Thats why I left Destiny 2 a couple of years. Felt like and actual work and was letting my gaming library rot there.

I might be forced to tick down the difficulty on MWII. I was going to push through, but I died about 150 times playing a level last night.

Yikes, yeah time to dial the difficulty down then hehe.

I bought this in the sales over Xmas, will be my first CoD since… CoD 2.

It is the container ship level they showed in the original campaign reveal. You are trying to kill a seemingly endless supply of enemies and not get killed by the cargo containers sliding around the deck at the same time.

It’s only for games we bought.

I don’t think battle passes for MP-games would be meaningful for this competition either tbh. Infinite is cool that way though, that you can buy and play old battle passes whenever you want.

1 Like

Oof, yeah I can imagine that is brutal.

Another 360 competition done - Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine. I started it in 2018 and only played the first half of the campaign. Pretty enjoyable Gears clone, from the gameplay to the colour pallet. Looking forward to see what the do in the sequel.

Two games down +2

3 Likes