XboxEra’s 2023 Backlog Challenge |OT| Third Time's the Charm... Right?

Ah, you are in good company then. :wink:

1 Like

Yep. Definitely sounds like you belong here with us. We all have pretty huge backlogs.

1 Like

one of us

2 Likes

It’s understandable that you may have thought the Steam Deck would help you play more games from your Steam library, but it’s important to remember that it’s ultimately just a tool and won’t necessarily change the amount of time you have available for gaming. It’s good that you’ve found it useful in certain situations, such as during your trip, but it’s important to manage your expectations and not rely on it as a solution to limited gaming time. It’s always a good idea to prioritize and make the most of the time you do have for gaming, whether that’s through the use of a Steam Deck or not.

1 Like

Im just glad I bought/pre-ordered a few things before I joined the contest so I didnt lose any points. I pre-ordered Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 about a week ago with some holiday money.

1 Like

Wow, holy crap. I bought just a couple of games during the grace period, mainly Persona 5 Royal (which I should hopefully finish within the next week or so). It’s too good of a game not to buy it, even with XGP.

My backlog’s probably gonna be neglected for yet another year with all the cool new stuff coming out. Starfield, Like a Dragon: Ishin, Like a Dragon: Gaiden, Hogwarts Legacy, and whatever else pops up over the course of the year.

Also welcome @Searsy82 and @Jorge_Alexander_Acos! Always nice to have fresh blood, now we can share the suffering of backlog purgatory together! I’ll put up the initial leaderboard in a moment.

That’s me in regards to the Switch! It’s really tempting, but I really doubt I have the time to deal with a Switch backlog on top of my Xbox backlog. I might just wait until Nintendo’s next system, if that’s even happening anytime soon…

1 Like

Are you joining us this year, @NierlyCrazy ?

1 Like

My first completion will be Vampire Survivors, Im just about done with it. Im not sure how you judge completion with that one, but I feel like I might have finished it already

Alright, so the competition is now officially underway! Sign-ups will still remain open for a bit, so feel free to join, even if you feel like you won’t make much progress. It’s a fun time regardless!

Xbox Era’s 2023 Backlog Challenge - Leaderboard

January 5th, 2023:

1. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos: +1.5
  2. @profjjj: +1
  3. @PhantomFox: 0
  4. @Mort: 0
  5. @Searsy82: 0
3 Likes

I have no idea, never played it lol. Is it like an endless thing?

2 Likes

I would love to, but between some life stuff and the insane amount of new games coming this year I felt I’d be better off not.

We’ll see about 2024, but you can be sure I’ll lurk and probably throw a smart ass comment here or there for the homies.:wink:

Excited to see how things pan out!

4 Likes

Yeah, those type of games can be hard to judge. Personally, I’d say if you think you’ve pretty much seen everything the game has to offer and you feel done with it, then it can count as “completed.”

3 Likes

My backlog on Xbox currently consists of

• Asura’s Wrath
  • Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • technically also Mass Effect 2 and 3
  • technically also Halo Reach, ODST, 3 and 4

Currently playing through Tales of Arise (first time) and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (replay).

Also still working on Tactics Ogre: Reborn on Switch, which I had hoped to finish before Fire Emblem: Engage later this month, but alas…

3 Likes

I’m not participating, but do watch to get inspired to go through my backlog.

Today I finished Never Alone (Kisima Inŋitchuŋa). I think it was in my backlog since 2015. Nice little game but frustrating controls at times with the Bolo mechanics using Right Stick back then forward to throw. It should have been left trigger to spin and right stick to aim, like nearly every other game ever. They tried to go for a throwing motion, but its so inaccurate the way way they have it setup.

5 Likes

Aight, it’s certainly a busy gaming year! For me there’s Starfield that will claim a lot of time. Would be great to have you lurking about, half the fun is in discussing our old ass games and see what people dig up after all.

I second this then.

That reminded me that I think I have a DLC for that which I haven’t finished… I remember the controls being somewhat of a pita yeah. Interesting game though, always cool to learn things whilst playing games.

2 Likes

Very nice little game. I was surprised at how short it was. The DLC was really short.

I finished the DLC for it, FoxTales. It has an alternate control scheme for paddling your boat. I just wish after being exposed to them, you had an option of using a more typical control scheme.

3 Likes

Sing me up please. Working on South Park Stick of Truth for 360.

5 Likes

Yay, another one! Welcome :smiley:

2 Likes

Yup! Will use this to motivate to finish more games!

Guys I have some question. Games given be the Epic store does not count right? Kinda surprised I managed to get quite a gaming libray there :sweat:

Does emution count for the challenge? Also had a library of games between Dolphin and the ps2 emulator which name I dont remember right now. Probably no but just to make sure :3rd_place_medal:

And finally!! Who was the winner last year? (If there was actually a challenge of course)

Good luck to anyone participating!

1 Like

Question -

Is it possible to connect the Steam Deck to a 4K TV via the HDMI port? Thanks.