XboxEra’s 2023 Backlog Challenge |OT| Third Time's the Charm... Right?

Very glad to see someone making progress here. I have been taking a break from gaming for the last month after finishing Starfield.

I should have a few completions pretty quickly after I dive back in since I have a handful of games I am close to finishing.

2 Likes

-1 Dead Rising 2–I could resist.

-1 Below— It reminded me a lot of Tunic

2 Likes

Ok. I finally have some results to report.

Completed:

• Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Baldurs Gate 3

+3 Total

Bought:

• Starfield GamePass early access + expansion 1 (-0.5)
  • Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty (-0.5)

-1 Total

Net Increase +2

Really enjoyed the Resident Evil games. You may recall that the first Resident Evil I played to completion was 7 earlier this year. While I enjoyed that it did not really connect to the RE story/mythology I knew from the movies. So I was very happy to see Racoon City, Tyrant, Nemesis and other familiar story elements in 2 and 3.

I did not realize until halfway through 3 that 2 and 3 have overlapping timelines - with some parts of 3 happening before 2 and some after. I thought that was pretty cool and well done.

I think 2 was pretty obviously a better game than 3, but I enjoyed both.

Baldurs Gate is obviously really great, but Act 3 was definitely the weakest. It definitely felt rushed/incomplete at times. The game has almost infinite replayability - and I’m sure I will do multiple playthroughs over the years. But I think I’ll put it down until the ultimate edition (or whatever) comes out and they have done all the patching/adding they plan to do.

Question for the group: Dead Space 1 is in my backlog. I have never played more than an hour or two of it. Do I get credit for a completion if I play Dead Space remake in Game Pass or is that considered a completely different game?

Edit: All completions above were on Steam, so unfortunately no Gamerscore points.

3 Likes

Quake 2 +1

MGS1 Collection -1

I’ve been slacking a bit and game pass games keep stealing all my free time. Think I’ll start something on my Steam library and hopefully stick to it.

3 Likes

Imo you would get credit for the completion of the remake. I would consider it the same game.

2 Likes

Updated leaderboard:

2 Likes

+1 Robocop: Rogue City (1000/1000 too)

My personal favorite game I’ve played this year. I wish more studios would recalibrate and focus on experiences like this. Just balls to the wall chaos for 10-15 hours. AAA feel on AA scale. Just a fantastic game.

When you get the PCB for the AUTO9 that allows unlimited ammo and full auto fire it is the most fun I’ve had playing a game in ages.

3 Likes

I’ve seen Jesse play some on stream and it looks really fun. I’ve put it on my wishlist. I really like the B-movie feel.

1 Like

Could someome remind me when does the challenge ends? Getting nervous looking at those @profjjj points :eyes:

1 Like

December 15th.

2 Likes

Cold Fear +1

As a big fan of the Resident Evil series I always wanted to check out Cold Fear but never got around to it. It’s an alright B-Horror survival horror game set on a Russian ship that kinda helped differentiate it from most survival horror games at the time. Feels like The Thing and RE4 smashed together with a predictable story. A wee bit out dated now and requires some work to get going on newer hardware. Glad I finally checked it out. Another game off my Steam Backlog.

Thinking of finally playing Manhunt for real next.

2 Likes

An IP ubi will never visit again (like inmortals :c)

+1 Dead Rising 2 (PC)

+1 Blade Assault (PC)

1 Like

Only a week left now… I don’t think I will win hehe. Here’s the current leaderboard:

3 Likes

I dont think you could even win the last place spot if you tried!

2 Likes

I crushed it this year!!

4 Likes

Haha, very true.

I think they should give you a title for having the most negative points in the challenge haha.

Meanwhile…I’m looking at @profjj nervously.

1 Like

Do Battle Passes count

Nothing to worry about from me. My gaming time has been down dramatically since averaging 30 hours a week during my BG3 + Starfield summer/fall.

I have started several games since then, and dabbled with a bunch of Game Pass titles, but I am not close to any non-GP completions.

2 Likes