XboxEra’s 2023 Backlog Challenge |OT| Third Time's the Charm... Right?

Ok here we go:

PC (+8)

• Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning

• Were the water tastes like wine

• Anima Gates of Memory

• Forgive me father

• We were here together.

• The Division.

• Children of Light.

• Kao the Kangaroo

Wii (through dolphin as my console died a long time ago) (+1)

• Super Paper Mario

Switch (+2)

• Mario 3D worls + Bowsers Fury

• Bloons TD 5

] Total Points: 13.5

Uh, thought I would have cleared more my backlog in these past months :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Aight, lots of movement so here’s the new leaderboard:

3 Likes

Nice one! I’m just trying to decide what to clear from my Backlog now.

1 Like

The fight at the Top 3 is very close!

2 Likes

2 Likes

PC:

+1 Naruto storm 1

+1 Naruto storm 3

2 Likes

Still putting in the work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Finished Trails to Zero. +1

Absolutely loved the Crossbell arc. Great characters, great stories, great turn-based combat, without the quality of life issues of some of the earlier games in the series.

My only complaint is that I encountered what I assume was a weird bug. Following a boss fight at the end of chapter four the 4 players in my main party gained about 40 levels, going from roughy level 83 to 123. My reserve party members went up about ten levels. I didn’t really notice either of these facts until about an hour later - and while I thought it was odd I wasn’t sure it was a bug.

But a boss fight in the middle of the finale confirmed this was a bug. Following that fight my reserve party members went up about 40 levels, while my main party members only went up a couple. So, I ended up with four party members in the 120s and two in the 130s. The two temporary/new party members that get added in the finale were both in the 90s, which is where I assume all my party members should have been.

So, this was definitely odd, but didn’t detract from my enjoyment of the game at all. It did lead to some funny dialogue in the last few boss fights - with my party members talking about how incredibly powerful all the enemies were, when in reality they were higher level than those bosses.

Anyway, both Crossbell games are highly recommended for anyone interested in turn-based JRPGs. I would recommend watching some YouTube videos recapping the Trails in the Sky series before starting Trails from Zero if you haven’t played the Sky series.

3 Likes

The battle continues. New leaderboard:

2 Likes

Well, I had planned to knock out a bunch of short indie games on my ROG Ally before diving back into another massive RPG, but I only managed to finish one before succumbing to my ongoing rpg temptation…

• Beat Papers, Please. +1
  • Bought Baldurs Gate 3. -1
  • Net Change = 0

I’ve only played Baldurs Gate for about 3 hours so far. Very excited to get deeper into it. However, I am afraid it’s one of those games that I will play forever and never finish.

That seems to be my pattern with massive CRPGs like this. Love to play them. Love monkeying around with mechanics and builds. But never finish. I have a huge number of them currently in my backlog. Hopefully the story of BG3 will be strong enough to get me through to the end.

2 Likes

Thank God my PC isnt powerful enough to neither play BG3 nor Starfield!!..nor any upcoming next-gen title…

Summary

2 Likes

I don’t have time for BG3, the Xbox delay is a blessing in disguise. Trying to finish AC: Odyssey before Sept 1, then it’s off to space for gods know how long lol.

I’m sure I’ll spend hundreds of hours in BG3 eventually.

3 Likes

Still not finished anything since last time… but I bought the Starfield Premium Upgrade which does contain the first expansion.

3 Likes

I was a fool and thought I could finish Divinity Original Sin 2 before Starfield landed. Yep, that hasn’t worked out :joy:

I’m just at the end of Act 2 and have a long journey left. Really lovin it and was hoping to get Divinity 1 & 2 done before Baldurs Gate 3 is released.

Picked up the early access for Starfield using MS points, so that’ll be 0.5 for me too.

4 Likes

Yeah… that is me and Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey lol.

1 Like

Ok here we go! (all on PC)

• Soulstice

• The forest quarter

• Out of line

• The hunter call of the wild

• Made in Abyss Binary star falling into darkness

For a total of 20.5 points!! (15.5 before)

2 Likes

Good to see some movement! I adjusted the leaderboard with another -0.5 for me too since I bought the High on Knife dlc for High on Life a while back. Other than that it’s been all Game Pass for a while.

2 Likes

Mine is probably closer to -28 or so

2 Likes

At least the downward spiral is consistent! :joy:

1 Like