XboxEra’s 2023 Backlog Challenge |OT| Third Time's the Charm... Right?

I don’t know that we have a policy on Battle Passes. I wouldn’t have a problem with treating them like DLC - take a -1/2 upon purchase and a +1/2 after completion.

2 Likes

1 Like

Evoland +1

I’ve been playing my Steam Deck a lot recently and finally got around to playing the 2009 classic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I have no chance I’ll be able to finish it in time before the cut off tho. The atmosphere still holds up… But everything else is starting to show it’s age! 9 hours in and determined to finish it.

1 Like

5 days!

1 Like

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl +1

In many ways the game is out dated and in others it manages to stand up to most fps games of 2023. When your stalking your enemy, creeping around in the pitch dark, rain beating down and the thunder cracking - It really is some of the best atmosphere in any game.

I ended up with one of the bad endings, probably because I mainlined the story and skipped most of the side stuff. Ended up putting around 24 hours in to it and really pumped for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 now.

I’ll check out Clear Sky and Pripyat eventually.

2 Likes

Well, this is the last day so does anyone have any last minute completions to add? This is the current leaderboard:

3 Likes

Unfortunately no but I’m pleased I managed to complete a good chunk of 360 and steam library games that have been on my backlog for a decade.

Funnily, I was browsing YouTube the other week and stumbled across this video. Just thought it was an interesting though peice.

3 Likes

At this rate I only need about 20 more years to clear my backlog!

1 Like

The champion of the XboxEra 2023 Backlog challenge is @Jorge_Alexander_Acos !

Final leaderboard of 2023:

* @profjjj +15.5

* @Mort +5

* @Searsy82 -27

I hope everyone had some fun going through the ol’ backlog! I didn’t make much of a dent in mine, but every little bit counts heh. However I do enjoy seeing the games everyone completes and reading impressions and thoughts about them.

Honorable mention to Searsy who plummeted down into the abyss with their -27 points, quite a feat!

If anyone plans to continue this challenge next year, don’t forget that from now until Jan 1st is the grace period where purchases are free and don’t count as negatives. :wink:

Thanks to everyone who participated!

5 Likes

Has anyone tracked just how many new games they pick up during this End Of Year countdown sales?

I always tally up a list of shame once I’m done with it haha. Nothing so far though, but I’ll probably increase the backlog a bit…

3 Likes

Oh gods… please no, I don’t need that regret on my mind.

I don’t wanna talk about my List of Shame…

3 Likes

I picked up 19 games in last years various xmas sales… Some very tempting things out there this year as well, we’ll see where it’ll end up.

I’m weak lol.

5 Likes

@BRiT @Knottian Do i get a cookie? :smiley:

2 Likes

Title given, hopefully I did it right so it lasts. I dont know if there was any custom flare and if so how I would add that. Was this similiar to how it was done before?

Congrats! :tada:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Can I get a special title too?!

Were you aware of what the challenge was? :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, a challenge to expand your backlog as much as possible! Right!?

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like