XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

They are. There’s this long rant video from 2016 where Sony’s lack of marketing for Japanese titles was called out, as if JP games are “too weird” to show on E3. And one thing called out is that Persona 5 appeared for 2 seconds on a sizzle reel at E3. Also calls out lack of Yakuza marketing, which again, got the sizzle reel treatment. It’s actually quite funny that Sony is marketing Yakuza and other JP games more now that Xbox is getting them. Just goes to show they were taking this stuff for granted.

3 Likes

It is. We just didn’t have the ability to edit clips using the mobile app.

1 Like

I don’t know I never tried it on Netflix, but since it’s there I have to wonder if Microsoft is willing to put more Minecraft games on Netflix. Since Minecraft is one of the IPs they want everywhere.

1 Like

It’s possible, but Story mode was a really specific situation and they wouldn’t be able to implement Dungeons or Legends in the same way, I don’t know it if really gives us an indication of much.

I guess it depends on how much they work with Netflix, since Mojang would have to develop a version for whatever tech they are using for streaming games.

LOOP8 launches March 16, 2023 in Japan​

Marvelous/Xseed doesn’t do worldwide releases, so the Western date is still “Spring 2023” for now. Although the PC version is out March 21st, so the wait might be pretty short.

1 Like

Signed up for Game Pass yesterday so I could start playing A Plague Tale Requiem. Microsoft definitely adjusted their DRM policies or whatever because via Game Pass, when I played Gears Tactics, an internet connection was required as I couldn’t play without one. Halo Infinite wise, I would need an internet connection when starting the game but once in the game world, I was able to disconnect with no issues.

Requiem though doesn’t require anything. After downloading the game, I verified it by going to the title screen while connected online. Powered off the console and went back an hour so later with no internet connection whatsoever and I was able to play the game with no pop-up message or any issues whatsoever. Currently on chapter 2. Very happy about this and I hope it’s for every game unless of course the game itself (ala Outriders) requires an internet connection.

1 Like

Oh wow, that is a shame. For now I haven´t encountered any “major” bugs. I hope they release a patch to iron the others out.

Game is good yeah.

That controller is beautiful :+1:t3:

1 Like

Voodoo Vince Remastered is on sale! It could be my Halloween game :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Not sure if these codes are even useful, but I got this yesterday so if anyone wants the Call of Duty XP code or whatever…

2 Likes
4 Likes

Seems PC is dodging another Sony’s temporal exclusive

Can’t say the same for Xbox but that was totally expected, we’ll see soon if 1-2 years or longer.

Microsoft should acquire more.

Funny how nobody benefits from Playstation exclusivity :rofl:

11 Likes

Do we think it’s Bloober making Silent Hill 2 Remake ?

At least I believe that. There were a lot of signs of that, but realistically nobody knows.

1 Like

If it’s Bloober, i think they also signed a partnership with Sony for several games, much like they did with MS , so the timed exclusivity wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn´t expect anything Silent Hill for Xbox… today.

Regular Sony users-protective behaviour :+1:t3:

6 Likes

I also remembered Konami and Bloober signed a partnership, so it’s really possible they are doing SIlent Hill 2 Remake.