XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Right, they’re absolutely already on it.

1 Like

Because I bet the deal wasn’t on the table back then, Square, as another indirect fuck you to Xbox, only offered the deal when they were busy with ABK, this is my headcanon…

1 Like

It’s okay. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Embracer sell off Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal to Microsoft in 2024 or something like that. Let’s go baby!!!

7 Likes

Even if they sell the studios I think it won’t be with the IPs because Embracer seem to value hording IPs

1 Like

If Square Enix was willing to sell their studios for fire - like Fable with Eidos, Perfrect Dark with Crystal - I think they would be ok with an acquisition too :man_shrugging:

Though it would be hilarious if it was another of Square Enix moves to annoy Xbox - to sell the studios when Xbox could not buy them due to being busy :rofl:

1 Like
13 Likes

Depends on how much Microsoft offers Embracer. If it’s a good amount, why wouldn’t they take it? Besides, Embracer is an AA publisher. I don’t see them giving $100M+ for each AAA project that Crystal and Eidos want to do which is why they’re cool with letting them work with Microsoft.

1 Like

Embracer are 1000% are holding the teams while MS gets the ABK deal finished

8 Likes

Played and completed Bright Memory Infinite in approximately three hours. Really enjoyed the game. Great visuals, excellent melee and shooting combat, good audio. Story is average at best but the rest of the game easily makes up for it. Good boss fights. Only major negative I had was the stealth section. Just doesn’t fit in at all. Overall, a 7.0/10 for me.

Would love to see Microsoft sign Zeng Xian Cheng (FYQD Studio), give him a small 60 person team and studio because the game felt great to play, looked great and love the sci-fi elements to where I would love a bigger AA sequel.

5 Likes

Yep. “XGS is trash, terrible management, you don’t see EA needing other studios for their games. No high quality games this gen from Xbox.”

Damn, I just learned Starfield, Redfall, Hellblade 2, Fable etc are not high quality games.

Ponies never fail to entertain me and embarrass themselves.

2 Likes

Eidos thing is some awesome news, having them on Deus Ex and helping with Fable is great.

Quite smart to have both MS’ new studios backed up with such great developers

9 Likes

Sounds like it’s how PD is still their vision, CD is just helping out and Fable is PG’s vision with Eidos helping out. Without the help the wait would have been much longer surely.

Great news indeed! we are getting a new Deus Ex game sometime in the future and they are also helping with Fable. There is hope for the studio now that they are with Embracer because there was no way SE would give the green light for a new Deus Ex game, now the IP has a chance again and it’s not dead and buried.

Some people have no fuckin’ clue about how much work and manpower is needed for today’s AAA games…they think that we are still in the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era when 100 people teams were more than enough. lol

Also about the “XGS is terrible at management” BS:

https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/1578415056215330817?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1578419068737945602|twgr^94e5ebf9278d99cfaf5c0b557c5db2521141338c|twcon^s3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Farticles%2Fgod-of-war-ragnarok-goes-gold-as-sony-confirms-8-other-studios-contributed%2F1100-6508115%2F

12 Likes

They are also kinda dumb. Xbox can afford to hire proper AAA studios as support studios, oh noes!

Haha, the stupidity of cultists is something else.

7 Likes

I wonder if MS didn’t announce this because of the crap they got for Perfect Dark and all the concern that it was in trouble.

12 Likes

I was going to say I wonder if MS and Unity will get close after that Pentiment tweet yesterday and with the whole push to mobile with Xbox.

So does this mean Unity finally supports ray tracing on Xbox series consoles?

Meanwhile they refuse to acknowledge they have 9 Studios working on GoW:R. Sometimes you need to ignore all the false statements.

4 Likes

I think fable could be a massive game tbh.

3 Likes