XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I’m not hung up, just wanting to get you guys feeling on it.

I can’t express it, but I feel it’s a bit weird for Sony to do these kinds of adverts, that’s all. I thought that wasn’t their…thing.

Kratos is a dad in therapy with other dads. That’s the joke. Ben Stiller is great, but there wasn’t much to play with.

I chuckled and then ask myself what did I just watch. I was expecting something more clever, I don’t know, but that’s on me.

4 Likes

No, it’s not supposed to be Kratos himself. It’s Ben Stiller dressed up as Kratos. They even call him Ben, and if I’m not mistaken that’s Ben Stiller’s actual son. Also, they even make the whole idea of wearing a costume be a part of the bit.

As far as “hung up” is concerned, maybe I should’ve used “focused on” instead. It just seemed like you specifically had a question about why Travolta would be there, when it’s equally odd to see LeBron or Stiller there.

I thought it worked. It was amusing and memorable, that’s all I assume they were aiming for. And considering we’re even having this conversation; I’d say they did their job pretty well.

1 Like

I hope Xbox promotes the game more. It seems to be pretty popular among the general folks online.

Here a cryptic code in Xbox x Marvel promotion

1 Like

Yeah, I get that they are playing on the fact that Kratos in the game is a dad with issues regarding the bonding with his son so they use it as some kind of therapy with costumes as a joke.

So seeing Ben Stiller cosplaying as Kratos is actually funny, and I have nothing on Travolta or LeBron, but I thought they would be doing something with it ? Maybe explain the game mechanisms or something Idk ? but it was just like a fun bit to promote the game. I may have over analysed it and it may be some kind of trend I’m not aware of.

Sorry, I have trouble getting my thoughts out. It felt… weird or out of place.

I know Xbox has done some weird and funny ads like the car sales man for Halo Wars 2, but it was always short and straight to the point. Here it felt a bit forced, so I was wondering if it was my bias towards Xbox or not making me think that.

1 Like

Wakanda Forever themed controller or Xbox?

3 Likes

Xbox should acquire whoever made this. :smiling_imp:. One for the third person action game fiends

1 Like

But this likely isn’t a game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Flying wild hogs are legitimately a good buy. If they want more European developers well here they are.

Edit nvm.

2 Likes

So we basically have:

Crystal Dinamics working on Perfect Dark.

Eidos Montreal working on Fable (and Project Midnight from Compulsion Games)

2 Likes

I still have a feeling after the actiblizz deal. Xbox will get these two and io interactive.

2 Likes

This is why when MS gets Actiblizz I hope they can get these on Gamepass as soon as possible. I’m not into COD MP anymore and to just be able to do a playthrough of the campaign and uninstall would be great.

Interesting both CD and Eidos working as support studios for xbox.

1 Like

I see Embracer encountered the same reality as SE did in terms of how expensive it is to run the studios.

Interesting that Eidos Montréal seemingly has a long terms agreement with Xbox to co-develop games.

4 Likes

It makes sense if Square Enix was legitimately struggling to make a profit from them, working as a major support partner at least means guaranteed consistent revenue for the teams. Still, doesn’t exactly reflect well on Square Enix’s confidence in them.

2 Likes

Eidos helping out with Fable? Interesting! Fully expecting the usual suspects on social media to turn that into something bad.

1 Like

Huh?!

1 Like

I do wonder if the long term play is to have these studios be major contributors to MS 1st party while making their own games, and basically making MS (or anyone whose interested in buying) pay a pretty penny for them.

1 Like

Square Enix has zero confidence in everything except moneybags :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So, Microsoft have wanted the Tomb Raider IP associated with Xbox since the reboot with marketing and exclusive etc. Both Crystal Dynamics and Eidos now are co-developing/supporting with Xbox 1st party games.

Tell me how they wouldn’t have absolutely been interested in buying them from Square…

5 Likes