XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

My thought exactly. Maybe the success in Japan became apparent and think “Okay, maybe we should go for it again.”

1 Like

Apparently Forspoken is actually exclusive until 2025? I thought it was just some made up thing, but I guess it’s not.

I don’t give even 0,1% of a fuck about this game, but that IS pretty damn sad.

1 Like

One of the advertisements had some small text that confirmed it was a two year timed exclusive, with the delay into early 2023 yeah that’d make 2025. I do wonder if this is perhaps why we haven’t seen a FF7 release on Xbox, obviously Forspoken is going to be a different ballpark in terms of cost but a two year timed exclusivity extension for the Intergrade release would explain the current situaiton.

What? I mean it is well known that it is 2 year exclusive .

Aye I’m pretty much done with Square now. If their games come, fair enough, but I ain’t begging or paying much attention now. You can’t build a fanbase if you treat players like second class citizens :man_shrugging:

Hypocrites online will show more outrage towards Overwatch $20 skins than what Sony does in exclusive stuff for CoD

ya I dont think the game is going to be good but this is the stuff sony is doing. i wouldnt be surprised to see sony extend the exclusive period for silent hill as well. I really wish xbox did this stuff because while Xbox has more first party it doesnt matter when sony locks down so much third party. it irritates me sometimes when xbox is so nice. also the games xbox does lock down you barley know because they dont advertise the games they have deals with.

the deal with Forspoken was 2 full years of console exclusivity, I imagine that one was really easy for Sony to lock down, given that it’s a new IP and the inherent risks those pose.

FF7R? Oh, heh, that ship has sailed, that isn’t happening anymore. I’ve given up completely on it. Also, isn’t it already past two years anyway?

Heh, I guess I must have forgotten about that. With Sony you never know. Some stuff is a year, other store indefinite.

Also games like Kena, it’s past two years now. It’s probably not coming to Xbox. Wasn’t the studio already said to be working on something new for PS5 anyway?

That MS is gone it seems. But were ABK to fail, who knows what might happen.

Forapoken was probably bundled together with the FF16 deal.

1 Like

Wasn’t one of producers of Forspoken close to Sony? I recall some rumors.

It’s been over two years for the main game but not the Intergrade version, which is why I half think they might have extended the timed exclusivity on it by two years for the Intergrade version. But I’m not SUPER optimistic on that.

I am not sure why we should care about FF on Xbox at this point at all.

3 Likes

If you shrink the YouTube tile to two small game tiles, eliminate the bottom row and move the main row down along with eliminating settings, non-game apps, store, controller configuration, etc. from appearing as a tile and it would be near perfect in my opinion because you can see the background almost fully and all the crap is gone.

I play off-line and under the top line is “my games and apps” which in all honesty, should be a small tile at the end on the main row and the connect to the internet tile shouldn’t even be visible when off-line. If anything, both should be in the next batch down.

1 Like

Don’t know about that, but the FF boss is really close to Sony. He retired from his position at Square Enix to join Sony Music.

It’s the second biggest JRPG franchise in the world, a genre Xbox is traditionally lacking in, with over 164 million sales as of 2021 and that’s before you factor in the massively successful FFXIV and all their other content. I’m not sure why we shouldn’t care?

2 Likes

I wish Xbox could get Live a Live Remake from Square lol. My personal GOTY so far.

Really don’t care about Final Fantasy but I know it’s importance.

2 Likes

That was the last solid title or at least one that passed 80 score overall.

That’s because Team Asano is far and away the best internal team at Square.

1 Like