XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

1 Like

Well, if their early revenue is high enough they can eat it just fine.

I do curious how much PSVR2 will cost.

5 Likes

Well stock market investors, time to change FAANG MAANG. Wait, M would still mean Meta. Look, the bottom line is start considering Microsoft as the totem pole.

1 Like

From the voice clip it seems like he’s talking about consoles and subs along with the games.

He said they’re maintaining the prices through the holidays because consumers are more uncertain right now than they have been in a long time, and they want their medium of games to be something consumers find attractive.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1585340329355399169?t=Tfk44tXl4Lf5XwheygfArQ&s=19

2 Likes

It would have been cool if they had not done this, and Sony being the only one to do this. For me personally it doesn’t matter, I had my XSX since day one. And with insanely cheap we can get Game Pass with the merge trick I certainly won’t complain if they are going to raise the price for it eventually.

1 Like

Nobody is gonna keep the same prices forever. And nobody is gonna commit to never raising prices either.

7 Likes

They really are, goddamn!

8 Likes

They haven’t done anything yet however they are also not going to promise that a price increase wont eventually happen. I seriously doubt they will increase console prices, gamepass eventually will go up or be split into more tiers and they may start pricing large games at 70$ is what I think “may” happen.

Imagine how us 40ers feel about that. I honestly don’t even want to think about that. But who knows, maybe we do get a spin off way before that.

3 Likes

I agree Asobo are amazing and Requiem looks stunning but it’s pretty clear how much more detailed the Naughty Dog models are when you analyse them properly.

The hair on the Asobo models often appear pixelated or jagged, which isn’t the case on ND models. Also the ND animations are on a completely different level.

I think Asobo will get there eventually, especially with a bigger team and more financial backing.

Requiem is still currently my favourite game of 2022.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I could definitely see Xbox first party games going up to 70 bucks and GPU going to 20 per month within the next year or two. Even then, the Game Pass Ultimate price would still be less than a third the cost of a full priced game, as it is now. The value would still very much be there.

Series S and Series X prices will very likely remain as is.

2 Likes

If there is a goalpost around, you can bet a cultist will find it and move it. I think it’s in their holy book or something.

5 Likes

I don’t think them rising GP for now as they are still in growth mode.

That is exactly what they’d get if they joined XGS. They’d be such a good fit for them, they knew their tech and they have a genre that Xbox definitely needs more of. Although it’s no guarantee they’ll keep making these and they specialize in different genres. But I’d love to see them join.

5 Likes

Asobo is the type of studio I want Xbox to Acquire

4 Likes

They are first on my list.

2 Likes

Raising GP prices anytime soon would be a bit strange

They have family plan coming in soon and we already know it’s prices so unless they are planning to raise it’s price also it would only make the family plan look even more enticing

Not to mention their first party hasn’t even got into a consistent cadence for the service

Price increases for GP in inevitable but it doesn’t make much sense yet

2 Likes