XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Gamepass is still in early growth phase so price increases seem unlikely. If anything we will see more aggressive discounts such as bundling of 1 year of Gamepass for free with console purchase (Apple does this with Apple TV+ and new iPhone purchases).

As for raising the console price? Not smart when you are third place. Xbox needs market share.

Phil was definitely talking about $70 games in my opinion.

100% agree with both of you.

Outside of Hellblade itā€™s a genre I really want to see them expand under their first party studios. Iā€™m still gutted they missed out on Crystal Dynamics.

Currently Iā€™m not that hopeful for Compulsions game but I will give it the benefit of the doubt until I see more.

Personally I really think they should go after someone like Ubisoft next, especially as they are only $3.3B.

1 Like

I agree. He literally stated that ā€œthey will raise the price in the futureā€ but of course will be running with ā€œMicrosoft will increase GP prices soonā€ :man_facepalming:

They wonā€™t. He already said, using no uncertain terms, that Game Pass wasnā€™t operating at a loss:

Game Pass is very, very sustainable right now as it sits.

And still, people have been saying all kinds of nonsense about how it doesnā€™t add up. And yeah, now that heā€™s not just saying ā€œsustainableā€ but actually profitable, one would hope people would stop their idiocy. But they wonā€™t. At least Iā€™d put good money on that they wonā€™t, time will tell.

3 Likes

The only people saying that are the sony fanboys who hate it.

Fanatics are trying to justify why Sony cannot offer something similar. Though they donā€™t care about Sonyā€™s bad customerā€™s support either :man_shrugging:

How in the same article theyā€™re saying ā€œpassed onā€ and ā€œfailed to make a dealā€ the two imply two different scenarios

1 Like

Nah theyā€™re based. Uncharted is Sonyā€™s worst mainstream franchise. Neither good gameplay nor good story. Just pretty graphics and set pieces.

This is not true. Letā€™s praise Asobo but letā€™s not be delusional and pretend they are on ND level, faces might look comparable on some screenshots but the animations are on different scales.

I guess its too much to expect actual journalism instead of clickbait articles.

1 Like

Nah 40fps is ass just like 30fps. Better to just play a game on PC that isnā€™t 60fps on console.

1 Like

Did anybody elseā€™s dash just change? Am I just unobservant? Thereā€™s a search bar and settings gear icon on the top right, next to the time and battery.

The man who wrote that article wonā€™t be playing games at 40fps lol. Not if there are other options.

This is one of the changes they are making to the home screen. Expect more changes in the future.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had that for a while, but Iā€™m also in the Alpha Ring.

1 Like

Just watched Werewolf by night and it was excellent. It was soo beautifully shot and this is one of the rare cases I wish the special was longer

2 Likes

Offcourse, there main competitor price there service much higher the Gamepass and offer a lot less in features then Gamepass

Xbox has every right to raise the price as per market demand

Consumers will vote with there pocket

3 Likes

:cry: She was a major part in crafting Segaā€™s history

Directed Phantasy Star IV, producer of Skies of Arcadia, she even directed the Magic Knight Rayearth game for Saturn which I actually played earlier this year and thought it was awesome.

She was still working at Sega too, right until the end.

Iā€™m heartbroken, RIP Rieko Kodama.

14 Likes

Really hoping they put the store up at that top of the screen next to settings which would make sense if the search option is there. Then, let me have 8 small game tiles on the dashboard all being the same size and eliminate the settings/store/controller/etc. options from ever being a tile because thatā€™s just a waste. Best of all, I would be able to see more of my Halo Infinite background instead of half or more of it being blocked out.

2 Likes

What do you think a future Xbox price increase will be?

• Consoles
  • Games ($70)
  • Game Pass

0 voters

What would you choose if it were up to you?

• Consoles
  • Games $70
  • Game Pass

0 voters