XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

One thing though is that US retailers have preorders up for Zelda at $59.99 and they will have to honor that (Amazon does at least) if you preordered at that price (so get your preorder in now if you want it! Canada preorders are unavailable sadly). It does appear weird that they would raise the price when preorders were already available, but this also lines up with them bringing eShop Vouchers back to the NA region.

Wait for tomorrow I guess.

My godā€¦

4 Likes

Game Pass is really the best valentine, isnā€™t it?

8 Likes

Game Pass and a huge backlog is good friends to have!

Not buying games at $80, lol.

2 Likes

What an odd night, that one had been up for a looooong time. $70 seems real for Nintendo on Switch. Never thought that would happen.

1 Like

Yeah I just canā€™t get into TES online lol.

Oh well, gave it a real shot. Time to try Age of Empires.

3 Likes

Weird they open 2023 with the $60 Fire Emblem Engage though, but Iā€™d say thatā€™s the kind of game that would suffer hard in sales from a $70 price tag.

But this price on this hardware is an absolute no go.

Itā€™s been wild as of late. I mean if you look back at last month, you got something like this.

Japanese game exclusive from each platform:

Nintendo: We let a third-party studio work on our franchise.

Playstation: We rented or potentially bought the exclusive right from a third-party publisher.

Xbox: We just made one.

2 Likes

Mmmm nah on the Nintendo part. If Intelligent Systems is just a ā€œthird party studioā€ to Fire Emblem (this time Koei wasnā€™t involved) then you may as well just pull out the ā€œXbox actually wasnā€™t involved much with Hi-Fiā€ argument" :man_shrugging:. Intelligent Systems is, for all intents and purposes, Nintendo first party.

Sorry if that sounds hostile or anything.

What you can say though is, of the 3 Japanese exclusives the big 3 had for January, Xboxā€™s came out on top in the review ratings, and theyā€™re the ones whoā€™ve sat out of JP exclusives for almost a decade.

3 Likes

Drops are on, 4th stream in two days!?!?

1 Like

Yeah the game itself has gone through a lot of changes, and In my opinion itā€™s a great game, that was made both more accessible and less approachable to beginners with its One Tamriel update.

That made it so any quest can be done at any time out of order, with no in game guide chronology guide. So anyone dropping it after giving it a go is kind of something that can be expected.

This is why I canā€™t get into it. If thereā€™s no sense of danger heading to newer, harder areas, then thereā€™s no real incentive for me to level up, which makes me feel like Iā€™m in some sort of digital hamster wheel accomplishing nothing.

Yeah, most of the danger for beginners comes from world bosses, with the dlc zones getting tougher bosses every time. All of the other hard stuff(and for me itā€™s really hard) is mostly dlc dungeons and arenas in vet and trials (but playing mostly solo contributes to that).

My main enjoyment of the zone is the lore thatā€™s been added throughout the years. Itā€™s all very fun for me to go through it.

2 Likes

I can see the appeal of that approach though, Iā€™m getting back into FFXIV after a very long gap and itā€™s pretty much the opposite extreme with one very long main questline you have to work through in order that carries on through the expansions- I thought about buying some of the newer ones but I wonā€™t even be able to access any of them for a while so I might as well wait for the off chance they go on sale :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They are adding the Xbox version, this is the partnership Nick was referring to. :eyes:

1 Like

wait whats this

A joke.

Nintendo raising price on last gen system. Ms and siny still charge 60 for xbox one ps4 versions of games

I know its TOTK. But what an absolute shithouse of a move

Watch them raide price of all their 1st oarty games to 70 retroactiviley

Put some more n64 games on your shoddy services first.

1 Like

Congrats to the :crown: and new Scoring Leader :+1:

1 Like

Really cheap for $70 game.

1 Like