XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Sale prices are not really relevant since that goes for the PS5 compatible drives too. The price difference is still huge and way too expensive on the Xbox side.

We are on the third year of this gen and there’s one option? Meh.

4 Likes

Old article about Forspoken, when it was still called Project Athia

Expected to be the next big thing

“Oof size: Large”

9 Likes

Well obviously our Discourse instance in funded by our Patrons, but I set Discourse up myself, ably assisted by Predrag and hosted it on a Digital Ocean instance.

So we don’t pay Discourse anything, but Digital Ocean get all our cash.

8 Likes

Digital Ocean is such a yikes name haha, sounds so corporate.

8 Likes

Yeah, we are on the Digital Ocean and they are really good with cheaper options which you can scale depending on your budget. Also Hetzner and Linode are good with prices for the specs of the server you can get (lot of disk space and RAM).

And additional cost is setting up transactional email service (we are using Mailgun), and depending on the size of the community + frequency of the sent emails, can be as low as few dollars a month.

2 Likes

“Here at Digital Ocean, we’re all about synergy, providing our customers with stability and visibility to reach their goals.” :smile:

8 Likes

Two ofbthose are SE games

That tells you all you need to know

SONY dont give a shit if the game will be trash. Theyre psying SE a lit of money to get as many exclusives as possible.

Which is why Forspoken bombing is a great thing to see.

Who asvertises and makes clesr a 2 year console exclusivry deal?

Its absolutely ridiculous. So this gsme turning out to be shit is hilarious.

7 Likes

That guy should probably step down. But he wont.

“We want to help our clients go with the flow, just like an ocean, but digital. We’re proud to announce our new product the Digital Ocean Flow 3000DOF server stack.”

1 Like

During a stream for Steamworld they talked about Steamworld Build but also that there are three unannounced games that they will talk about later.

I hope so much Steamworld Dig 3 is one of them, I loved the first two Dig games.

Monster Hunter Rise is in top 16 most played. Capcom, take a look. It’s perfectly fine to be part of it, day one or not.

6 Likes

To be fair…capcom were one of thr first major 3rd parties to put their games on gamepass. Dmcv came to gamepass way back in 2019 and so did world.

I think some of their new games are sony blocked.

No surprise rise came to gamepass because theyve already put the game out on pc and switch so you want to maximise revenue from xbox. Ps users sort of get the short stick in having to buy it after waiting nearly 2 years. Not that i care

2 Likes

Which is why they shouldn’t take that contract.

By not taking it theyre losing out sony marketing deals which sucks but thats sony for you. Kind of a lite blackmail. Ms will not offer that level of a deal that doesnt include gamepass and capcpm arent going to put their major new games on GP day 1 unless ms pay silly money…which they wont. And capcom have been very fair to both sony and ms.

I couldnt care less if their games arent on gamepass day 1 as long as they release on xbox. But 6 tp 12 months down the line it would be good to grow their IP on gamepass

I think MS should pay 3rd parties to get some of their IP onto gamepass that isnt the huge well known IP. They did it with Wo Long.

Imagine MS fund a new or remake of God Hand or Asuras wrath and release day 1 gamepass. Stuff like that would have so much weight for both parties. But capcom will never make another God hand unless someone pays a lot of money to do it.

1 Like

Seems like a twist when you think a layoff was in order.

13 Likes

Even then Capcom likely wouldn’t do it. They’ve gotten pitches from devs to do new versions of Dino Crisis, Rival Schools and Darkstalkers (by the Skullgirls devs no less) but turned all of them down. Even sadder since Xbox has Godhand’s creator on deck.

4 Likes

As much as I love God Hand (sadly) there is no place in today’s industry for a game like this one, if Vanquish 2 or Metal Gear Rising 2 which are much easier games to market nowadays can’t get funded then there is no way a new God Hand will be made. It sucks and there’s nothing we can do about it. :frowning:

I’d be happy if there was a way to play God Hand in modern systems but we can’t even have that. :man_shrugging:

Here I thought the dude actually played it for two hours. You’d think so after seeing the title.

Nope. Sorry.

1 Like

Babylon’s Fall is 6 months only? i thought it was for 1 year console timed exclusive?

Anyways that game is literally dead now so don’t even bother to port it if i were Square. :rofl:

1 Like

At least I got my consolidation prize and the Cowboys are out :sweat_smile:.

7 Likes