XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Bleeding Edge was a small passion project being made by about 20+ devs. After the acquisition, MS allowed them to finish and release the game. People didn’t play it and the majority of those that did didn’t stick with it. I don’t believe throwing more time and money at it would have made any difference. You can’t force a game to succeed.

They gave the game a shot, they didn’t “release it to die”. They did the same for Grounded, but people actually liked that one. :smile:

7 Likes

They should give us Crackdown 4 while they are at it

10 Likes

You just described the entire AAA landscape not just Xbox. The closest thing to a AAA that took any sort of risk and tried to do something different was what, Death Stranding? Even then it could be argued that its a Kojima game and with a big name like that behind it its its not much of a risk. Sunset Overdrive was another and you see how that turned out. Other than that most AAA’s can hardly be called "unique experiences ". For that you go AA or Indie most of the time. The one console maker that would put out larger budget games that went off the beaten path and did their own thing, no longer makes consoles.

I do agree for the most part though I would love to see a new Phantom Dust, sequel to Quantum Break etc.

Just like I’d love it if Sony still put out games like Jumping Flash, Twisted Metal, Siphon Filter and Legend of Dragoon to name a few.

Or if Square to go back to Making games like Racing Lagoon and Vagrant Story.

Doubt it happens though in today’s landscape. Gamepass givescme some hope of xbox getting riskier in the AAA space thanks to being able to fall back on a service to get people to try something different.

7 Likes

Do you run the latest version of the browsers?

no but i just updated it closed it and opened it. went to era and same thing.

Xbox Mexico seems to be going all in with the weird advertising and I am all for it.

11 Likes

I see this being said on other forums too, like a Dutch tech forum I visit frequently. Overall in my opinion things look good. We know about a lot of stuff coming, the only problem is we have seen so very little of it. This year is the start of brand new IP and if all goes well we’ll have two in this first half, and a well known one. Three AAA games, that IS damn good. Hopefully it works out.

This november marks the third year of the current gen already, so yeah, it’s high time that Xbox shows what they are all about. Several reasons why it took this long, valid ones too, absolutely. But this should be the year where Xbox shows they mean business, where we start to see big results from these acquisitions. I feel good about it. And from there I expect things to only go up.

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder how many kills that fish got? He must be carrying the team.

2 Likes

Today, kids grow up playing like this. I could never :skull:

5 Likes

Reminds me of that post about target audience and real audience with Pokemon and CoD swapped places.

I want to play my games like this too

The touch controls in COD mobile are top notch

Hope we can have this level of controls on Xbox cloud gaming

ipad kids is a real thing

:sweat_smile:

that ipad is their parent, babysitter and friend all in one

2 Likes

Thankfully there’s a bug on the cover, so we can see him before they remove it.

1 Like

Forspoken reviews are trickling out, time to see the fireworks explode on the timeline today.

8 Likes

I was surprised the review scores started out that high, but then I remembered this is their carefully curated list of reviewers likely to score high.

Image snips from another forum post:

6 Likes

Given how few codes they seemed to send out, I was worried that EZA wouldn’t have made the list but their review is up. They gave it an 8, so they’re not as down on it as everyone else. To be honest the game doesn’t seem that bad. Do we know if any reviewers had access to the PC version?

1 Like
11 Likes

I’m beginning to think once Square got the Sony check, no F(wort)s were given. Only one they do is FF because well, it is a big name, so they know better not to screw it up.

As for Forspoken, well…it’s a game alright. Dead Space is coming. Get that.