XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

13 Likes

Horizon and GOT are just two games without any kind of replay value. The latest AC games are fun and with high player retention, which is what Game Pass needs, itā€™s no wonder AC: Odyssey is still among the most played games on XBOX even though itā€™s a 2018 game.

7 Likes

We donā€™t even know how Fable style would be like. Look at FFXVI, itā€™s now a DMC game. The RPG input sounded force to make Xbox look bad on diversity. Whatā€™s next? Checklist on open world like:

Does it shoot? If so, lame

Does it level progress? If so, boring.

And so onā€¦

Was Brown at FH or Fable?

According to his Twitter profile, he was CD on FH5.

3 Likes

Those departures seem pretty big. Hopefully their next game will launch on xbox because I could see Sony throwing money at them.

It seems unlikely that any of the players will throw money at them in the short term since they already secured funding from London based investors.

I also donā€™t get the fear people have that Sony will throw money at every recently founded studio, or if the recently founded studios would even want a deal with Sony.

6 Likes

I hear ya, but wouldnā€™t shock me if they tried to get a partnership deal out of it. I just hope the game will release on xbox.

how long for Playstation to acquire them?

1 Like

The moment they say ā€œlive service.ā€

1 Like

In what way Horizon and GOT have no replay value, while Assasinā€™s Creed has ?

Heā€™s right, i put like 200 hours into AC Odyssey.

3 Likes

keep in mind that it is going to take years for their first game to come out. Possibly 8-10 years, as weā€™ve seen from how long it takes nowadays for video games to get developed. especially from a studio from the ground up.

1 Like

Agree. Assassins Creed is the template and PlayStation just makes lesser knockoffs with limited sequel potential. Ubisoft realized years ago that Assassins Creed sequels need to change setting and protagonist. PlayStation is learning the hard way that games like Horizon Zero Dawn will lose fans with every entry because itā€™s just more of the same.

They have like 5 people from Playground games and around 10 people total. Ralph Fulton (Creative director on Fable and previously FH 1-4), Trevor Williams (studio head) are still there (2 out of 3 original founders).

Mike Brown was promoted to Creative director on FH5 when Ralph moved to Fable. Looking at Playground games history, the replacement will be someone promoted from within and even if not, I donā€™t think PG has any problems filling positions.

12 Likes

New AAA studios are created left and right all over the world and people cry about consolidation.

Yeah.

23 Likes

Sign of a healthy industry that new studios are popping up like grass these last few years.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s fair, I am a big AC fan and also often dip into them in-between other games. Both of those games take alot of their ideas from AC anyway.

That said I know I will get get criticism here from certain forum users for talking positively of Ubisoft so Iā€™ll say no more :wink:.

3 Likes

Itā€™s gonna be hilarious if MS uses this in their ABK stuff, even our own teams leave us to create brand new studios. There is so many new studios popping up all the time like you said.

4 Likes

Lot of space in the industry, even for studios making AAA games.

8 Likes