XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I tihnk MS will do another deal with Gearbox to have Happy Few back in gamepass, This what happen when you have 3rd party publishing owning the rights.

I think that WHF will return shortly, if not, the day after LOL if its just publishing deal expirating.

WHF was funded by kickstarter and very late in by Gearbox Publishing, TOW for what I suppose had a bigger funding by Private Division, so its likely its gonna take more time to expire.

1 Like

Gears Collection hype

11 Likes

That would be hype AF!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1612609870511079425

4 Likes

MS secretly bought PlatinumGames? that the only way i see Scalebound coming back.

Don’t make Greenberg come out here and temper your expectation.

WTF? :rofl:

3 Likes

An old image I think

Been playing Callisto Protocol and I find myself getting turned around and lost pretty often. Wish this had the little suit line from Dead Space.

More Inti Creates sales. The first one has actually been on Games with Gold before so, if you played it then, now’s the chance to get the second one for pretty cheap.

6 Likes

1 Like

Yesterday somewhere he said that actually by including Starfield in the show and also mentioning it beforehand will have even more people watching and I believe so too.

The majority of the Direct can be about the other games and you close odd with either a brief Starfield trailer, or simply Todd talking briefly about Starfield and announcing when we can expect this Direct, which obviously then will have the release date of the game too. And who knows, maybe they got exactly that planned.

Nooooooooo Mike Brown no

12 Likes

the thing is, with these direct type things it’s only those in the know, like us, who really are impacted by them. i’ll see something really cool in a Nintendo Direct and mention it to other adjacent friends and they’ll not know what i am talking about at all.

the hype is for reveals; new games, new expansions, and sure new gameplay.

“open-world premium AAA game for consoles”

This is exactly the type of games that Xbox need from their first party output (that is not a RPG!). I’m thinking Horizon and Ghost of Tsushima.

I wonder if Mike had conversations with Xbox about heading a new studio first?

6 Likes

Shame Mike Brown is leaving, dude was at Playground for quite a while. Wonder what their new studio will be cooking up. We will see when they drop a cinematic trailer in a couple of years I guess.

Xbox doesn’t need games like Horizon much less Ghost of Tsushima. XBOX needs games like Assassins Creed which are completely different things.

1 Like