XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

7 Likes

I think this time last year when they announced the ABK deal, 25m

1 Like

Yeah, we also got the news they had hit 18 million the January prior - so if we assumed they had maintained that rate they’d be at 32 million subscribers by now. They did mention growth had slowed though, maybe they’ve hit 30 million by now?

2 Likes

Nice.

January 2021 - 18M January 2022 - 25M January 2023 - 30M ?

Id say 30m is possible as of now considering PC growth and Series sales but the delays for Redfall and Starfield especially will have slowed things down

My prediction is they are still a bit below that, 28-29

After the news of the internal Redfall delay and the Starfield page re-confirming the release window I was getting slightly hopeful about a April release for Starfield. But Redfall is going to be shown first, and let’s assume what Jez thinks is true, would it make any sense at all to still release before Redfall?

I guess if the Starfield Direct would be to follow closely after it, but this all sounds highly unusual to me. You’d think if Starfield would be one of the first to release (well, maybe FM first) it would be shown first too. Or not. We should be hearing from Xbox themselves this week, who knows, maybe they give the update on Starfield right away too.

It’s a question nobody can know a answer to, I realize this.

That week must be one busy week for Microsoft.

2 Likes

Wondered why there were 50+ replies in this thread since I last checked a couple of hours ago. Smoke is getting thicker. Great way to start the week for sure!

It’s so thick I think I am suffering from smoke inhalation all the way from Australia

The actor playing Arthur Morgan in RDR2.

18 Likes

Starfield for June or later seems more likely

If it turns out to be the latter I wish they didn’t add that release date question on the support page, reconfirming it. Who knows, maybe they plan on surprising everyone. We’ll see.

The guessing and waiting continues…

1 Like

Good for him.

11 Likes

Gearbox 101

1 Like

Yep, that has to be it.

But man, all these games leaving, I’d sure like to have some games added. It’s Tuesday tomorrow.

1 Like

Tomorrow will be the day.

We Happy Few is owned by Microsoft, I wonder if the publishing deal has expired.

1 Like

Could this happen with The Outer Worlds as well?

Possible but not likely since MS own everything when they bought Obsidian but the first game will probably be a bit tricky but future games will be published by MS

Eventually, maybe but with it getting a new version iirc and a sequel on the way

Id imagine MS would have much more incentive to keep it on the service vs WHF

1 Like