XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I would have liked if he stayed at PG, third studio within PG for this new IP and all under XGS.

But I guess things don’t always work that way.

1 Like

It rarely works that way. These people want to create their own studio to get ownership and ultimately to make a boatload of money by selling their ownership shares, can’t do that by creating a third team within an established studio.

13 Likes

Playground games was created by 3 lead devs that worked at Codemasters. It is ultimately a good thing when talented people leave studios to form new ones so new experiences can be made.

18 Likes

They’re functionally the same template, one is just way more popular.

This really does not make any sense at all lol.

They never realize that the turnover rate in the western region, especially USA and UK, is too damn high.

4 Likes

He did a great job on Forza and seems to have enjoyed his time there so I don’t think he left on bad terms

Some people just want something different, can’t blame him for that

1 Like

He said no bad blood.

1 Like

They’re at 10 employees now, looking to grow to 140. It’ll be quite some time before we see the fruits of their labor unless they do a lot of contract work farming.

13 Likes

Would be hilarious if it is gonna be a big third person open world game…Exclusive to Playstation :rofl: Or multiplat, because Xbox can’t have such games exclusive anyway :joy:

I do find it funny how the framed it as “break away” :thinking: Bias is appalling - as if team broke up on bad terms or something.

2023 started funny for Xbox :rofl:

Why are you assuming whatever he wants to work on is like those games??? Open world is pretty vague lol.

Wont be here until next gen

Pointless to even think about at this stage

:frowning:

He will be missed

4 Likes

The annoying thing that happens from this type of news is the concern trolling from PlayStation fans, acting like they’re Xbox fans worried that things are not going well for one of Microsoft’s most well run studios. The worst thing is people fall for it so easily.

Similar thing happened with Starfield missing out on the showcase news, people who didn’t care about Starfield suddenly became the biggest Starfield fans.

11 Likes

Regarding the PG departures its good news. FH5 is great, however its essentially a reskin of FH4 creatively. The leads on that game moving on could lead to the franchise getting the shakeup needs to continue its trajectory of constantly improving over the previous game.

2 Likes

From what I played of GOT , it was basically just Assassin’s Creed with Samurai.

1 Like

I want Xbox to continue focusing on gameplay first, I don’t care what the genre is.

17 Likes

This is how I feel, Don’t think it’s a big deal at all.

Forza Horizon could use some new voices.

I guess this january will tell a lot of Microsoft’s marketing going forward (Game Pass drops, announcements and so on)

sheesh

2 Likes

Leaving people out of the credits is a very shitty thing to do.