XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

It’s time.

Kojima is my favourite creator ever probabIy and I adore DS, it was probably my favourite game of last gen but Sony has went so far into my shit list that im not buying any of their systems anytime soon, none of the rest of their library does anything for me anyway

Plus we already knew DS was happening from leaks anyway so, yeah, there was good games there but nothing worth staying up for

1 Like

Whole thing is crazy if you ask me because Sony only showed Forspoken demo, an indie multiplayer game, Death Stranding, and I can’t remember the other game. Then Nintendo only showed Bayonetta prequel. I think Microsoft leveraging TGA to show a game or hardware each year really set expectations for Micosoft to show something significant at this event. Honestly. I don’t even recall Sony or Nintendo using TGA to announce stuff in the past.

1 Like

Yeah for sure.

But if they do have several things to show, why not at least have one during TGA? Or Aaron does mean June.

1 Like

I seem to recall that Sony was a no show or close to it last year or the year before.

As you say, expectations have been kind of set by the past couple of years. What I will say is that Nintendo and Sony probably have less need for TGA because they have bigger audiences who tune into their shows while the same is not said for Xbox.

I am therefore a bit surprised they didn’t have at least one game for TGA. But we also do not know what they have planned, so perhaps best not to do hot takes etc until we know more.

1 Like

Only wishful thinking I have about no-show is they’re finally going to start to have their own direct/state of play type of show in the next couple of months. If that’s the case then it would make sense to no-show, and then save everything for that show and E3

Well I have already said that they have Minecraft, Redfall, Starfield, Ara, Forza and even Age of Empires 2 planned for by June 2023, so they do not have long to talk and show the games more.

3 Likes

Yeah, would be smart to have a show in February to showcase more of these games, and can sprinkle some gamepass announcements.

wouldn’t it be interesting if next week they closed out the year with a Nintendo direct style Xbox Wire Live or something?

Same here. Nothing amazing was shown.

These guys should get the job for head of Xbox marketing :+1:

1 Like

Am I the only one after E3 that just wrote the entire year off and assumed nothing was going to happen? how are people still being dissapointed in December after this year lol.

I’ve been saying it for a bit, I think there will be a games showcase at the start of the year, not a big E3 style one but a smaller one for Forza/Starfield/Redfall + other games coming out early 2023.

3 Likes

Call me crazy, but I think what Jez said last week was not necessarily just speculation, maybe he knew more about it. Is it so implausible that they were a no show because of regulatory reasons?

But then having a showcase of sorts before E3 wouldn’t make sense. Unless they expect the CMA decision very soon. I don’t know.

It will be in May

:nauseated_face:

People on XboxEra spend more time speculating when the next first party Xbox game is going to get promotional material released instead of actually playing first party games. Xbox is focused on holiday Xbox Series S bundles, Halo Infinite winter update, High on Life which is a 1 year timed exclusive, and Riot Games Game Pass perks.

Sometimes I feel like people are forgetting that gaming is a business that’s driven by profit. Microsoft doesn’t care about your thoughts on the lackluster first party lineup for 2022, Xbox consoles are selling.

6 Likes

I got myself a Series S for work. Going to install it today. Probably best too, seeing how everyone likes to criticize constantly instead of changing next subject or even do something else entirely.

9 Likes

Im also excited about armored core. hell anything from From has me hyped. Lords of the fallen looked good as well. 2023 overall is looking good

But Xbox is also selling subscriptions and games that sell and drive subscriptions, and those games didn’t make it in 2022.

I do agree though some people seem to spend more time to want to be hyped for upcoming stuff than playing stuff they currently have. I have seen a worrying number of users here who didn’t play Psychonauts 2 yet for example…

3 Likes

“Need for a PS5” is reaching critical mass with FF16 and Forspoken lol. My wife is going to kill me.

Other than those, Diablo and Dead Space are on my radar.