XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Very interesting. Don’t fully agree with a Cloud only subscription but defintely interesting.

3 Likes

I feel like with their Samsung partnership and their interest in eventually launching a streaming device, it’s only a matter of time before they do a cloud only sub. Could be wrong, but that’s how I’m reading the tea leaves.

It’s like they try their hardest to make it worse every month. It honestly shouldn’t be this way, we do pay for this service after all.

Meanwhile on PS

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1597605684865945602?s=20&t=em5R2dVEGiZEHOEL6PnUjA

Is this the equivalent of Gold from them or is this the newer service? Sony confuses me.

3 Likes

I also think that cloud tier is coming sooner or later.

It is essential and thus equivalent of Gold. Though I don’t consider it such anymore.

1 Like

Maybe I’m underrating XCloud but I’m not totally sure how popular it’ll be if you have to pay for it unless it’s a pretty cheap deal.

But yeah, you’re right. The end game is defintely have a subscription tier for XCloud.

2 Likes

This is their basic service but they are competing with GP not GWG

They also have PS+ Extra which gets some more games and Premium which is the most expensive and gets nothing lol

2 Likes

It depends on how it plays. Some people might prefer paying for it like for Netflix, without buy a hardware. It remains to be seen how it works.

Microsoft does not promote their stuff much anyway.

It is their basic service. There is different schools of thought though between MS and Sony there. MS has included Gold into their Game Pass Ultimate offering, with the focus being on Game Pass. Sony did the opposite, constructing their new tiers around PS Plus.

Also about MS making games less and less interesting is to me another approach, more subtle than hiking prices for Gold, to just make people move to Ultimate.

1 Like

Btw… This on reference to this…

4 Likes

Everyone is fighting for CoD, while Phil is just slaying.

9 Likes
6 Likes

He gets it. It also really tickles me that he’s sunk this much time into a game that genuinely has people say “why would anybody play this?”

2 Likes
10 Likes

NGL this is a bit weird

1 Like

lmao that’s a wild acronym. I hope that doesn’t catch on because really don’t like seeing those letters together like that

5 Likes

I understand MS is a massive tech company but I don’t understand why they always get thrown in this conversation.

MS doesn’t have a Film, TV or Music division to create these ‘bundles’ unlike Google, Amazon or Apple.

Yes Microsoft Windows is a huge gateway product but it’s not the same as having a mandatory, very profitable store on the billions of smartphones/tablets worldwide.

3 Likes

All of this it’s happening , because Elon Musk is crying that Apple stopped advertising twitter on their app store.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1597308533027921920

7 Likes

We’ve had a bad run lately on the review front. No codes in for Marvel’s Midnight Suns, The Callisto Protocol, or NFS Unbound.

3 Likes

I think it’s more to do with threatening to pull Twitter off the platform

Regardless of what people think of Musk, it’s a dangerous move for Apple, not only because of the size of twitter but because it just further highlights Apple’s control and would be further evidence for MS to break up the Google/Apple duopoly on mobile

2 Likes
1 Like