XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Would shutting out the bigger media networks from having Xbox access first all the time be a better choice? Of course, Microsoft needs to fix their marketing at the same time, because they would have to promote both the games and the media, they want Xbox gamers to see in all their socials.

They make the kind of games XGS lacks, and sure, people way who cares, weā€™ll get these games anyway. But that remains to be seen, who the partners are for these projects.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised Sony didnā€™t try to acquire both studios to gain Tomb Raider and coroner Microsoft in the action adventure genre

1 Like

Iā€™d make a list but I think Iā€™ve only played like three 2022 games. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Unlike Sony, Xbox cannot do the same trick - Xbox has been cultivating kumbaya attitude far too long. Bethesda can cut early access to codes to various publications without a problem, but Xbox? It would cause a backlash immediately.

Why would Sony need CD? They have ND and SSM after all. Owning TR wonā€™t change much for them. And Eidos Montreal? Deus Ex? Sony does not produce systems based games anyway.

I do believe that Sony did something with Final Fantasy IP (but not necessariily Square Enix).

It would give Sony more action adventure game in between the naughty dog games

11 Likes

Gratz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No gaming goodies for me this year :frowning:

I bought a Pitbull Gold Pro head shaver tho, half bald already so just embracing the baldness completely now :joy:

3 Likes

What is that site called again where you can check how often and when games have been in the sale on Xbox?

There was one where you could check on which dates games had been discounted.

For Nintendo I use: https://www.dekudeals.com/

For PlayStation I use: https://psprices.com/

For Xbox I use:

:+1:t2:

8 Likes

:smile: No goodies for me either,every centā€™s going to go towards keeping the heating and electricity on. Time to play some older games i have though,Fallout 4,Dirt Rally and such.

6 Likes

Xbdeals is awesome. The price history feature has helped me save money multiple times.

4 Likes

For sure, whenever a game I want is on sale, I check to see if itā€™s been cheaper in the past. Helps curtail some impulse purchases :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m a little on the fence about this one.

Seems that in september it was lastly in the sale, and now again until tomorrow for 30 euros. I have enough Reward points for a 5 euro gift card, which would make it 25 euros.

But Iā€™m also likeā€¦should I wait and see if itā€™s part of the Christmas sale and around that time Iā€™ll have a 10 euro gift card via rewards Iā€™m sure.

I finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 2am , super satisfyting end to the trilogy. I think every Xbox gamer who is looking for a 3rd person action-adventure game should play through the trilogy. It will fix you up real good.

4 Likes

That assumption is funny

Maybe there is some truth to it, but it is MW so it would sell anyway.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve become much more ā€œwait and seeā€ myself for that reason, not to mention Game Pass. The only games Iā€™m willing to buy at launch (or even at more than 25% off) are ones I really want to support.

And even then I still have some regretā€¦ image

I bought Tales of Arise for 36 bucks in July:

It went down in price 2 months later, and is even cheaper now. I still havenā€™t touched it.

3 Likes

I think what theyā€™re saying is that CoD is already being associated to Xbox due to the ABK deal and Xbox consoles will be getting more sales because of that.

You might be a CoD fan whose yet to buy the new gen consoles and think Xbox (and GP) might be the home of CoD in a couple of years so might as well go with it

1 Like

Mine was worse. I bought Scarlet Nexus for $34.99. A week later at TGS, announced for Game Pass.

4 Likes